Cooking

Gemmill

Marmite porridge is my new favourite breakfast. I may have already made some of you feel unwell sharing that previously, but it is so good it is worth repeating.

That has to be the worst breakfast I can imagine. :lol: I hate porridge enough on its own without including the arse scrapings of Satan.

Marmite porridge is my new favourite breakfast. I may have already made some of you feel unwell sharing that previously, but it is so good it is worth repeating.

That has to be the worst breakfast I can imagine. :lol: I hate porridge enough on its own without including the arse scrapings of Satan.

Trophyshy should call it "Felch".

I agree it looks a bit like babyshit, perhaps I should consider serving it in a nappy?

But it tastes good, low GI (keeps you full until lunch) and less than 200 kcal in a bowl.

Of course it helps if you like porridge and Marmite on their own. If you do, open yourself to Felch.

Right then, first bash at Kebabs.

Went without a marinade bearing mind the healthy eating and made a nice little dip using creme fraiche, mustard, lemon and a tad of olive oil.

Made a side salad using balsamic vinegar which turned everything brown and tasted vile (bin). Luckily the kebabs were filling on their own.

Whole meal only 8 points out of a 39 daily allowance so extremely healthy.

006qk.jpg

Tarted the bairns up with a bit of melted cheese (drool)

003ceq.jpg

And then finished off with a sweet kebab (mine minus the sweets obv)

004gxi.jpg

Yum Yum

Iceberg lettuce , bleurgh!

As you know a lot :lol: I was in that Italian in Eldon garden yesterday and had a smoked salmon and crayfish tail salad. Anyway, the salad bit was basically green leaves tossed in some lovely oily dressing.

I know this is vague, but its the same sort of thing most of then use. I have discovered today its not balsamic vinegar.....Any ideas?

I've made chicken satay with spicy noodle salad earlier on this week. And tonight I made stuffed Cypriot chicken with tomatoes, asparagus and olives, and flatbreads (basically pittas w/ garlic, olive oil, oregano and salt on them). All very nice.

Made Brock's ratatouille from a few pages back. The balsamic and muscovado makes it bloomin' lovely.

Hooray! Glad ya liked it. :lol:

French Dressing?

Oil

White wine vinegar

Dijon mustard

Salt and pepper

Even better if you add a good dollop of honey and a bit of thyme. :razz:

To make a change, where you would use a tin or carton of chopped tomatoes in a recipe I've been using the ones with added ingredients. Tried the Sainsburys one with Chilli, Basil and Oregano, pretty good :razz:

Very adventurous. :icon_lol:

:lol:

No!!! I do make all kinds of things but Ive only just started using those cartons...I always used to add my own ingredients. Well I still do but its all extra flavouring!

I wouldn't dare challenge your culinary know-how. Your words just gave me a right chuckle at the time is all... <_<

To make a change, where you would use a tin or carton of chopped tomatoes in a recipe I've been using the ones with added ingredients. Tried the Sainsburys one with Chilli, Basil and Oregano, pretty good :icon_lol:

Very adventurous. :icon_lol:

:lol:

No!!! I do make all kinds of things but Ive only just started using those cartons...I always used to add my own ingredients. Well I still do but its all extra flavouring!

I wouldn't dare challenge your culinary know-how. Your words just gave me a right chuckle at the time is all... :icon_lol:

:razz:

I aim to please :P

Truth is though, I am a more traditional cook. No one does a better roast dins than me <_<

Im going to try Jamie's cheat pizza this weekend. Tonight Im doing my own chicken fried rice.

I was watching something for the weekend, and they were talking about roast dinners.

Paddy McGuinness seemed shocked that the rest of them looked at him like he was mental when he said he had mashed potatoes with his.

Is this an English thing or what? how can ya not have mash with a roast dinner!

You'd get exiled in ireland for that

I dont do mash with a roast Ant, its just too much to eat! I always do three veggies though and either yorkshire puds or stuffing. Sometimes pigs in blankets too. My mum in law makes a spotted Dick with her roast, I thought that was weird when I first had it, but it does go a treat with a roast. I just always assumed that what you had with custard for a dessert, you only need a tiny amount though else you're way too stuffed to move :lol:

I was watching something for the weekend, and they were talking about roast dinners.

Paddy McGuinness seemed shocked that the rest of them looked at him like he was mental when he said he had mashed potatoes with his.

I dont do mash with a roast Ant, its just too much to eat! I always do three veggies though and either yorkshire puds or stuffing. Sometimes pigs in blankets too. My mum in law makes a spotted Dick with her roast, I thought that was weird when I first had it, but it does go a treat with a roast. I just always assumed that what you had with custard for a dessert, you only need a tiny amount though else you're way too stuffed to move :lol:

Pardon the ignorance, but what the hell is that?

Pardon the ignorance, but what the hell is that?

Its a suet pudding with currants/sultanas in :razz: You can make it steamed or baked. Its normally served as a sweet with custard. Didnt you have it at school?

Guess mash is our replacement for yorkshire puds then.

Roasties, mash, veg, chosen meat.

mash with gravy and such mmmmm

Stop! you're making me hungry, I just got in from work. Time for hot weetabix with treacle drizzled over the top, ohhh Yum :icon_lol:

When I was a kid my Nan did mash with a roast, but why would you need it when you have roast potatoes? :razz:

(come to think of it my Grandad was from County Cork, so maybe she did it because he liked it too)!!

It must be an Irish thing, we ran out of potatoes once so we're packing them away as often as we can in case it happens again.

i couldn't imagine not having mash with one,

it's like beans on a cooked breakfast :lol:

At first i thought you meant beans on a cooked brekki was wrong, then I read it again! You can keep your mash Ant, I'll stick to baked parsnips MMMMMM

Edited by Toonraider