Cooking

Gemmill

Bet mancy insists on goat in his. Although by rights he should be vegan.

Goat is actually the de facto curry meat.

Mutton over here if you're talking West Indian curry tbf.

Never lamb in thai green curry though. Dave is quite clearly off his chops.

Agreed that is pretty mad. Tastebuds of a chimp I shouldn't wonder.

Hoy!!

I ordered some 'paupiettes' of rabbit from the butchers the other day, picked them up tonight. Quite hard to find rabbit ones, usually veal, pork or turkey.

In the casserole on a hob with shallots, girolle mushrooms and a bit of creme fraiche, serve with rice or mash.

Bet mancy insists on goat in his. Although by rights he should be vegan.

Thought the vast majority of Rastas were vegetarian.

I thought vegan, hence the reference ;)

spock.jpg

Live long and prosper, Mon.

:)

Decided to make a nice Roast Pork dinner for tea tonight. (Shamefully by first proper full dinner).

Roast Pork, Yorkshire Puds, Special Stuffing, Roasties, Carrots, Turnip and Gravy.

Made a delicious cranberry and port stuffing the other day but our lass twisted about the taste of port. Had a play about today and put half a Bramley apple in aswell and drenched the cranberries in Taboo instead of port. :lol: Thats right Taboo.

It was bloody lovely, I kid you not.

stuffing.jpg

Crackling took a bit of doing so any tips on perfecting this would be welcome

roastpork.jpg

2nd attempt at yorkshires turned out even better than before. Absolute fucking monsters! Apparently the trick is to use muffin tins rather than the little yorkie tins.

york3z.jpg

york1.jpg

york2b.jpg

Them yorkshires look corkers PP. It take people years to get the sort of results.

Apparently salt makes the crackling go nice and crisp, so salt it before cooking.

Just read that somewhere tonight. Also read a tip that you can just take the skin off and grill it seperately until it does what crackling does.

Taboo. :lol: With this and your Christmas decorations revelation, you're doing nowt to dispel the charver suspicions. :icon_lol:

Thought Id stick "Taboo stuffing" into google to see if your mate oliver had done it....... The first 10 results that come up.... :razz::razz::huff:

"stuffing or muffing ---- Incest / Taboo"

"Stuffing the turkey......and mom too"

"Free movies for Taboo insertions"

"You Tube.......Stuffing dead pets"

"The white man sees nothing wrong with pedophillia"

"Top 10 weird sexual fetishes"

:icon_lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Honey Roasted Vegetables....... Orfuckingasmic, I shit you not. :jesuswept:

Chop up a turnip, shallots, sweet potatoe, chardonay carrots (leave whole) and really any similar veg like parsnip etc.

Chuck in a baking tray with a good splosh (3 table spoons) of olive oil and about a quarter of a cup of pouring honey. Add salt and pepper and mix all together so that everything is covered.

Pop in the oven for about 35 minutes giving the mixture a good old stir after 15 minutes and 30 minutes.

You will then have a delicious vegetable dish that accompanies many meals. Honestly, give it a bash its lovely. (ps I dont like honey but its a sweet vegetable taste you get, not a honey taste).

:jesuswept:

Mind you, on a similarly revelatory note, I have to say that Tesco Finest pork and chilli sausages smothered in sweet chilli sauce and served with spicy wedges and buttered broad beans is quite the exquisite Sunday night meal. It can't always be caviar. :D