Cooking

Gemmill

9 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

So you eat all of your food without sauces or seasoning, chips, mash, vegetables etc?

I regularly eat unseasonal vegetables and could happily eat an unseasonal chip. And neither are a staple of a nations cuisine like pasta. They're side dishes 

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

4 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Even pizzas were improved when taken out of Italy and made spicy 

Ah yes, Italy, famously a food desert where spicy sausage products are concerned.

• Haha 3

I don't go to Italians at all anymore. Literally nothing on the menu excites me. I'll cook a spaghetti bolognese or lasagne at home occasionally and it'll likely be a million miles away from authentic Italy (probably better such is my talent), but wouldn't order either in a restaurant. 

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

And both are healthier vehicles for flavour than pasta. That's my point really. It's shit value for what it delivers. Starchy and tasteless 

The thing is though, pasta is such a minor part of proper Italian food. It's usually eaten as a small course between your antipasti and your main and it's a tiny amount and entirely optional. It's only us daft cunts that pile it up on a plate and eat it as the whole meal. 

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I'm receptive to change though, feel free to link me to Italian dishes with a wow factor

Nduja on toast should be about right for your palate and level of ambition. Think of it as fusion cuisine. :D