Cooking

Gemmill

• 2 weeks later...

Discovered a tremendous breakfast courtesy of The Naked Deli on Chilli Road: bancakes.

Recipe is 2 eggs and a banana. Mash the banana, mix with the eggs, bit of butter or coconut oil in the pan and tip the lot in. Makes one nice thick bancake that keeps hunger well locked up til lunch.

Doesn't need anything adding to it cos of the sweetness of the banana, but you can add yogurt or maple syrup if you like.

Those bancakes are rather good, I made them for breakfast although I changed the recipe a bit. As I found two eggs and one banana a bit to eggy. So I made it with one egg and one banana which turned out so much better. Had it with full fat Greek yoghurt, chopped walnuts and a tablespoon of honey. Have to say it was good and most definitely doing them again.

Those bancakes are rather good, I made them for breakfast although I changed the recipe a bit. As I found two eggs and one banana a bit to eggy. So I made it with one egg and one banana which turned out so much better. Had it with full fat Greek yoghurt, chopped walnuts and a tablespoon of honey. Have to say it was good and most definitely doing them again.

They're great. They're my new go-to breakfast. I've introduced a handful of blueberries to the mix for a bit of added flavour. I like the sound of the yogurt, walnuts and honey. Will give that a try.

Re the banana egg thing, I find it depends on how ripe the banana is. If you're using green ones, it's not banana-y enough, but a ripe one does the trick. Depends on your tastes though, I guess!

I have just heard about the Ayam Cemani chicken, a rare breed which is completely black.

Look at this magnificent bastard :D

chicken+cemani02.jpg

And, by completely black, I mean everything.

ayam-hitam-6.jpg

I am putting this on my "must eat once" list, even though they're £1500 a pop. :lol:

And, by completely black, I mean everything.

ayam-hitam-6.jpg

I am putting this on my "must eat once" list, even though they're £1500 a pop. :lol:

Give him a couple of hours in the kitchen and CT can make you a completely black bird for the price of a £2 broiler hen and some leccy.