Cooking

Gemmill

Lovely little healthy diet snack to fend off the munchies.

Sliced mushrooms microwaved for 2 minutes, then season ed with chilli flakes, black pepper and garlic granules before being popped back in the microwave for a further minute.

a9ebusyj.jpg

At fellow dieter, @@Meenzer feel free to use this recipe.

Ideal cupboard fodder for when you're in a rush or don't have garlic in. Particularly nice added to roast taties or wedges if you are in a rush.

"I want to look like a chef and use the real stuff"

The words of the same man when I suggested using ginger from a jar instead of fresh. How the tubby have fallen. :(

"I want to look like a chef and use the real stuff"

The words of the same man when I suggested using ginger from a jar instead of fresh. How the tubby have fallen. :(

Which is all well and good when your giving it the full I am in the kitchen. But when your just hanging loose and knocking up a snack, shot goes out the window. :-)

Ideal cupboard fodder for when you're in a rush or don't have garlic in. Particularly nice added to roast taties or wedges if you are in a rush.

So, when you buy the mushrooms, just buy some fresh garlic too.

Oh, wait ...... unless

220064.jpg?v=2

confess now you tubby loon :lol:

Why would you microwave mushrooms,they should be fried in butter, garlic and onions. Just stay off the carbs, then you'll loose weight.

Aye, I've laid off bread, pasta, rice, cereal etc, been drinking a load of water and it's flying off. CT loves SPAGHETTI SANDWICHES too much though, I think.

I've done the same cutting out carbs and sugar. Felt crap for the first few days but genuinely feel miles better for it. I have trouble with stomach cramps and it's helped that loads too.

Makes a massive difference to how tired you feel too. I ate anything and everything on holiday recently (ice cream three times a day on occasion, full fat coke etc), so last week was one long sugar comedown headache, but feel better now.

I pretty much like anything in a buttered slice tbf.

I was once like that, brother but I don't miss it at all tbh. Discover proper omelettes filled with any veg you want and you'll never go back.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

Think I'm about to get into pesto in a big way.

I was out for tapas in Friday and had a boccacini salad containing olives, pequin peppers, sunblushed tomatoes and pesto among other stuff.

Anyway absolutely loved the pesto dressing so have done a bit research this morning and discovered there's all sorts you can do with pesto.

The olives were black and superb as well.

This could be as big as chilli flakes.

Well I for one can't wait to see what getting into pesto in a big way looks like. Adding a calorific oil based sauce to your current carb heavy diet, I'd say it probably looks like about 17 stone.

Well I for one can't wait to see what getting into pesto in a big way looks like. Adding a calorific oil based sauce to your current carb heavy diet, I'd say it probably looks like about 17 stone.

:lol:

I'm sure a little drizzle hear or there on salad and meat, the odd pesto sarnie.... Shouldn't be to bad.