Cooking

Gemmill

I've no problem with fresh microwave vegetables personally. Had some broccoli in a bag from M&S today, individual portion, steam it in the microwave, lightly season, delicious. No mess and absolutely healthy, can't see why anyone would avoid it personally (except Gemmill because he doesn't even have a microwave).

However....... Five minutes, what the fuck? That would just create mush. One minute full power is all that's needed.

Tis what the instructions say ???

However....... Five minutes, what the fuck? That would just create mush. One minute full power is all that's needed.

If he likes it mushy though, that's his choice. I personally like it a bit more firm, but I know a few people who like it well done.

CT you never ever cook fish in a microwave, it doesn't cook it at a high enough temperature. It still can have bacteria left in the fish.

It'll be perfectly safe if it's done in a bag, as the steam keeps the temperature even. Cooking it without the bag would be risky though.

If he likes it mushy though, that's his choice. I personally like it a bit more firm, but I know a few people who like it well done.

Choice doesnt really come into it. Just followed the instructions?? Same timings on the ones from Sainsburys as well. Maybe its cos they have big carrots in.

Anyway, however you like your consistency, its a nice quick way of getting your 5 a day. :)

Tis what the instructions say ???

Weird, the instructions on mine say one minute (1 min 10 secs for a less powerful microwave). Perfectly steamed veg. Even the frozen ones I sometimes resort to (yes tooj!) never take longer than 2 mins 30.

Weird, the instructions on mine say one minute (1 min 10 secs for a less powerful microwave). Perfectly steamed veg. Even the frozen ones I sometimes resort to (yes tooj!) never take longer than 2 mins 30.

These are mine, with cooking instructions.

http://groceries.asda.com/asda-webstore/landing/home.shtml?cmpid=ahc-_-ghs-d1-_-asdacom-dsk-_-hp#/product/910000829724

Markys say 5 minutes as well..... Do you feel okay :lol:

Depends on the veg. Broad beans tend to need a good 5 minutes with a stir in the middle.

I can't believe I'm actually having this conversation.

Depends on the veg. Broad beans tend to need a good 5 minutes with a stir in the middle.

Broad beans man, the vegetable of kings.

Well CT mentioned broccoli, 5 mins is insane.

And neither can I.