Cooking

Gemmill

Only if you think he puts the onions, ketchup and mustard in the burger. (For the sake of CT's family: he doesn't.)

He says simple but then goes heavy on accouterments. What is it? What does he want? The moon or cheese?

I jazz up the beef cause I don't want loads of sauce messing with the flavour.

Edited by Park Life

He says simple but then goes heavy on accouterments. What is it? What does he want? The moon or cheese?

Think of the burger as Joan in Mad Men, who, stark nekkid, would be a magnificent thing.

Now think of the onions and that as lingerie- add the two together and you really need a napkin.

Or something.

The English version of a hamburger has always been shit to be fair, especially those that are available on various British websites. Too much fucking about on the subject, diddling and daddling about semantics, putting this and putting that in the mixture to make it better. Keep it simple, keep it honest. Making a good hamburger does not require many methods or ingredients, it just requires just good produce.

It is decent there, like. I've only ever had the standard 'American', though. Really not a fan of the other novelty variations. Why would anyone entertain the idea of peanut butter on a burger?

Few really good burger places around London, unsurprisingly. Byron and Shake Shack being my personal favourites. Doing it the right way.

It is decent there, like. I've only ever had the standard 'American', though. Really not a fan of the other novelty variations. Why would anyone entertain the idea of peanut butter on a burger?

Few really good burger places around London, unsurprisingly. Byron and Shake Shack being my personal favourites. Doing it the right way.

I didn't realise Shake Shack had come to London, the one I had in NY was awesome.

I want onions, ketchup and mustard on my burger.

Best burger I think I ever had was at a very posh hotel and was called a fillet steak burger. Don't think there was much else in there other than cow.

The sainsburys extra special steak burgers take some beating for cooking at home.