Cooking

Gemmill

My favourite meal these days.

Smoked and stuffed Salmon parcel on an oil drizzled bed of salad all sprinkled with a good helping of chilli flakes.

Tonight I also took some cherry tomatoes and sprinkled them with a tad olive oil and some italian herbs before microwaving for 1 minute.

The warm gooey end result was delicious.

Posted Image

When I was 18, I went on a lads' holiday to Benidorm. My mate's dad owned a bar over there and he'd agreed to let us stay in his apartment. When we arrived, he announced that he was gonna take the opportunity to go home for the week, and could we please look after the bar for him. And so we ended up running this bar for a week, which amounted to us opening it for as long as it took for us to get drunk for free, dealing with whatever customers turned up in that time, and then closing it to go out.

The first few times people came in to ask for food, we told them the chef was off sick, but on a couple of occasions we ended up serving people food. Anyway, where I'm going with this is that all of the photos you post on here look like what I served to people as a drunk 18 year old who didn't know how to cook. :razz:

My favourite meal these days.

Smoked and stuffed Salmon parcel on an oil drizzled bed of salad all sprinkled with a good helping of chilli flakes.

Tonight I also took some cherry tomatoes and sprinkled them with a tad olive oil and some italian herbs before microwaving for 1 minute.

The warm gooey end result was delicious.

e4ahatyr.jpg

That fish looks like the white dog turds you used to see years ago....

They look like Michelin star prices to me, not something I'd want to buy from a bunch of charver scallywags. Probably gleb on your amuse bouche too.

£20 for a main course is nowt like a Michelin star price tbf.

£20 for a main course is nowt like a Michelin star price tbf.

Looking at the dinner menu I'm not sure you'd get much change from £200 for three courses with wine for two.

Not sure what typical Michelin restaurant food costs if I'm honest, too rich for me I guess and wasted on the vegetarian in my life.

• 2 weeks later...

Some may remember a conversation regarding Italian curry. Anyway, tonight Im off to the same restaurant as that dish is the wifes favourite and its her birthday. Going to try and get the recipe. :)

The menu simply says...

"Pollo Alexandro £11.95 Chicken breast served with asparagus and prawns in a curry and paprika sauce".