Cooking

Gemmill

I made my own thai-style fish cakes tonight.

2 fillets hake (although any fish will do - i reckon salmon or trout would be a very safe bet)

1 sweet potato

1 desert spoon thai red curry paste

1 tsp fresh ginger

Roughly 4 tbsp plain flour (plus more to coat both sides)

1 small onion (finely chopped)

1/2 tsp dark soy sauce

1 tsp fish sauce

1 tsp sweet chilli sauce

Poach hake in milk and a 1 tsp of red curry paste for 4 mins. Turn the heat off and let the fish finish cooking whilst you boil & mash the sweet potato.

In a bowl, combine the ingredients together and mix well. Add 1-2 tablespoons of the poaching liquid if you want (I did).

Stir it well - it'll be gooey but you'll still be able form the fishcakes. Coat both sides with seasoned flour.

Place it carefully into a pan and cook 3-4 minutes each side.

Served this with some stir fried peppers & carrots and chilli sauce. Made just enough for 4 fishcakes. Very pleased with this, but will add some fresh coriander next time. Maybe some thai basil if I can get hold of it too. :)

Opened up last year. It was Williams brought it to my attention. Absolutely class.

I had pizza from a place on chilli road a few years ago. I think there was cottage pie on it. I had been drinking, but it seemed out of place.

Going to Fifteen Cornwall for scran tomorrow lunchtime. Jamie is the boy.

Brock, I was gonna go to that Odds place that you recommended ages ago, but they've shut up shop until the Spring, the kernts.