Cooking

Gemmill

http://maysanfoods.co.uk/stockists.php?area=1

This is the gear y need CT - same stuff takeaways use .

Comes as a slab just add boiling water .

Widely available at lercal butchers' I've noticed .

Gerrit doonya .

vDifvyA.jpg

I make a batch of extra hot once in a blue moon. Just use bits of chicken, mushrooms and onions. Simple but tasty. (It's only me that eats it so put it in tubs then freeze it when it cools down. It's a handy meal when you're in a rush).

I make a batch of extra hot once in a blue moon. Just use bits of chicken, mushrooms and onions. Simple but tasty. (It's only me that eats it so put it in tubs then freeze it when it cools down. It's a handy meal when you're in a rush).

For the 'authentic' Chinese takeaway curry I like to use cubes of boiled chicken that has been pre-tenderized with nitrate-laiden muck, a large amount of almost-raw green pepper and onion filler along with an underpant-smattering of blackening, spongy out of date button mushrooms .

Yum-yum-bubblegum !

Edited by LoveTheBobby

For the 'authentic' Chinese takeaway curry I like to use cubes of boiled chicken that has been pre-tenderized with nitrate-laiden muck, a large amount of almost-raw green pepper and onion filler along with an underpant-smattering of blackening, spongy out of date button mushrooms .

Yum-yum-bubblegum !

Does Mr Chin, the proprietor of the 'Fragrant blossom garden' restaurant of Bensham know you're putting his recipe all over the internet, LTB?

I did hot dogs last night. 3 each.

I've noticed that when i've done them before 2 go cold in the bun while you eat the first one so I wrapped all the onions and hot dogs in foil and served it all up on a platter so we could help ourselves to buns and sauces and then put on the hot stuff. Just like Jamie Oliver would do it.

B)

Hi hot-dogs. A mate is looking for restaurant suggestions for when he's in Manchester. I know of a good italian, but is there a decent website anyone could point me in the direction of with user reviews etc?

Hi hot-dogs. A mate is looking for restaurant suggestions for when he's in Manchester. I know of a good italian, but is there a decent website anyone could point me in the direction of with user reviews etc?

Gaucho for somewhat expensive but outstanding steak .

Red hot world buffet for cheaper cheerfuller all you can eat fare. It's good quality, for all you can eat, and a really nice place.

Aye, where Lau's has a fridge with 3 different colours of Ice-cream, this place has a whole room dedicated to desserts and then an ice-cream parlour with dozens of flavours and toppings, candy floss etc. Like Charlie and the chocolate factory basically :D

Aye, where Lau's has a fridge with 3 different colours of Ice-cream, this place has a whole room dedicated to desserts and then an ice-cream parlour with dozens of flavours and toppings, candy floss etc. Like Charlie and the chocolate factory basically :D

That sounds immense! Is there one in Newcastle?

Got a surfeit of fennel from the market so I'm doing a couple of dishes from the Silver Spoon, a cream of fennel soup with dill and smoked salmon, and a thing that's rather dramatically called "Devil's Fennel" but is basically anchovies and fennel in a mustardy lemony reduction. I shall report back.