Cooking

Gemmill

The fact that every village usually has at least one takeaway would suggest otherwise.

You'll be picking on the poor kebab next!

I'm not talking about takeaways, I'm talking about the bland grainy ichor they offer up as "curry sauce"

How many times must we go through this CT? Popularity doesn't equate to quality.

I'm not talking about takeaways, I'm talking about the bland grainy ichor they offer up as "curry sauce"

How many times must we go through this CT? Popularity doesn't equate to quality.

I didn't say they were quality, however if they are popular then it is understandable to want to create my own healthy "quality version" at home.

Thanks for your assistance though :)

Let me get this straight, you want to create a "healthy" "quality" version of a chinese takeaway's version of curry sauce?

Why not make a healthy quality curry sauce? Avoiding the whole Chinese takeaway nonsense?

I'm not taking the piss, I'm genuinely confused

Let me get this straight, you want to create a "healthy" "quality" version of a chinese takeaway's version of curry sauce?

Why not make a healthy quality curry sauce? Avoiding the whole Chinese takeaway nonsense?

I'm not taking the piss, I'm genuinely confused

I'm not sure what your confusion is?

I like the taste of a Chinese curry from the takeaway. I'd like to clone it home where I can control the ingredients etc.

I have made many "other" nice curries as well.

But this is the one I want to make this time :)

I'm not sure what your confusion is?

I like the taste of a Chinese curry from the takeaway. I'd like to clone it home where I can control the ingredients etc.

I have made many "other" nice curries as well.

But this is the one I want to make this time :)

Ahhh, this is why I was confused. I couldn't imagine anyone wanting to recreate a shit flavour, but I forgot who I was dealing with ;)

By the by, do you realise that when you put that smiley on the end of your posts it lends a condescending tone to the rest of your message?

Ahhh, this is why I was confused. I couldn't imagine anyone wanting to recreate a shit flavour, but I forgot who I was dealing with ;)

By the by, do you realise that when you put that smiley on the end of your posts it lends a condescending tone to the rest of your message?

Have a look at your first post in this exchange and then come and talk to me about condescending posts :):):)

Sainsbury's basics curry sauce will suit your needs.

I really wanted to do it from scratch if possible. Only thing I can find on google is that a lot of Chinese style curries use madras curry as their starting point.

One recipe I found tonight which claims to replicate Takeaway style sauce is this.

•2 tbs. oil

•3 cloves garlic, chopped

•1 inch piece ginger, peeled and chopped/pureed or thinly sliced

•2 tbs. plain flour

•2 tsp. HOT curry powder (Madras or similar from Chinese grocers)

•1/2 tsp. salt, adjust to taste

•1/2 -1 tsp. chilli powder (depends upon your taste)

•1 tsp. sweet paprika powder

•2- 2.5 cups water

Buy a chicken curry from your local Rinky Dinks.

Take the chicken out and keep in the fridge.

Neck the sauce.

Next morning, catch your burning, watery effluent as it falls out of your arse.

Add the chicken to it, and there you go.

Have a look at your first post in this exchange and then come and talk to me about condescending posts :) :) :)

Ok

I have

Yup, as I thought, I wasn't condescending, I was contemptuous.

As an aside, when I'm condescending it's ok, because I am better than you. :)