Cooking

Gemmill

I'm a giver not a taker. ;)

Got to think of the young'uns like Tooj and Tom who will one day leave home and have to feed themselves.

Teaching. :)

:lol: Just because you've managed to raise your kids to be lazy spongers from the Bank of Mum and Dad doesn't mean you need to tar every 20something with the same brush. ;)

No way on earth Captain Sunblest is gonna like rye bread.

Absolutely love it tbf. :)

Stupid question no 678

When you by a big uncut loaf like that, what's the best way to store it. Haven't got a bread bin and don't want one on the bench.

Can you just bang it in a large tuppeware sealed thingy?

Absolutely love it tbf. :)

Stupid question no 678

When you by a big uncut loaf like that, what's the best way to store it. Haven't got a bread bin and don't want one on the bench.

Can you just bang it in a large tuppeware sealed thingy?

:lol:

If you keep bread in the fridge it lasts longer.

(Irrelevant if you have four slices buttered with every meal).

Edited by trophyshy

If you keep bread in the fridge it lasts longer.

(Irrelevant if you have four slices buttered with every meal).

Don't put bread in the refrigerator. Scientific studies have shown that this draws out the moisture and the bread becomes stale faster. This happens from a process known as "retrogradation", which simply means that the starch molecules crystallize.[2]

http://m.wikihow.com/Store-Bread

Don't put bread in the refrigerator. Scientific studies have shown that this draws out the moisture and the bread becomes stale faster. This happens from a process known as "retrogradation", which simply means that the starch molecules crystallize.[2]

http://m.wikihow.com/Store-Bread

Well bend me over then why don't you?

Freeze bread, thaw it as you need it. Easy. Keep the ends for breadcrumbs.

Meenz - did I read that right; cook up a ratatouille and then crack in two eggs like shakshuka? Sounds a bloody brilliant idea!

also made this abergine curry but added some paneer for protein. again, a nice balance of spices - http://www.simplysen...gine-curry.html

the only thing i'd day about the aubergine one is use regular sized abuergines. i used the baby ones and it was a right royal pain in the arse getting all the flesh off the skin.

This is very good. The tomato/onion/spice mix smelled quite generic when it was bubbling away, but the aubergine seems to do the trick - either way it ends up lovely.