Cooking

Gemmill

No.

Now go and buy one.

Its like this. I understand theres machines that do nicer coffee, but our lass (who doesnt like coffee), says if we are spending big bucks on another kitchen gadget ;) then it needs to be able to make hot chocolate.

So if there is a better model that makes coffee chocolate and tea then someone tell me.

Its like this. I understand theres machines that do nicer coffee, but our lass (who doesnt like coffee), says if we are spending big bucks on another kitchen gadget ;) then it needs to be able to make hot chocolate.

So if there is a better model that makes coffee chocolate and tea then someone tell me.

cadburys-drinking-chocolate-500g.jpgi_love_teaspoons_mug-p168311468152313316en711_216.jpg

If she can't work that out....

Sweet and Sour pork with egg fried rice, Ken Hom recipe (with sweet and sour King Prawn for the D-i-Law, she's on a no meat for lent diet)

Haven't made it for years, looking forward to it

It's the ongoing cost that gets you with a Tassimo, not the initial outlay.

Aye, I think I read somewhere it ranges from 30-45 a cup.

I don't even drink that much coffee, probably a few cups a week. But the idea of having a selection of different teas and coffees to pop in occasionally sounds appealing.

A quick search tells me Tooj and JawD have trod this path already so I would be interested in their thoughts as well.

Get yourself a coffee grinder (£15) and an espresso machine (£50) and do it properly. Cheap, fresh coffee.Hot chocolate shouldn't be made in a machine - pan of hot milk with a few cubes of melting drinking chocolate is the way forward.

Get yourself a coffee grinder (£15) and an espresso machine (£50) and do it properly. Cheap, fresh coffee.Hot chocolate shouldn't be made in a machine - pan of hot milk with a few cubes of melting drinking chocolate is the way forward.

If I was really into coffee I would definitely go down that route but Im not.

I might have a nice coffee one day, a latte the next or an unusual tea.

I think my question was more if there is a machine that does all the tassimo does, but better.

It's looking like there isn't.

We had a lot of problems with our Nespresso machines, we had 2 which broke, parts needed replacing and it was a ball-ache. We got given a 3rd one about 3 years ago and now don't use it anymore as its a pain getting the capsules. That Tassimo looks good, get the one with the features you want, I doubt the difference in coffee quality is discernible.

490.-Bialetti-coffee-makers.jpg

Yet to be bettered

Definitely. Love that far more than I ever did my Tasimo.

You're out of luck CT as I gave mine away the other week. If you had have mentioned it a few weeks ago I would have happily let you have that one.