Cooking

Gemmill

Yeah actually - at the moment i'm still going through all the random ideas/recipes I've scribbled down and writing some down blog-style. Think I've got a general feel for what I'm going to do, and having looked at hosting sites I think wordpress looks like a decent bet!

I'm speaking to a free food publication in March about writing for them as well, so it'd be good to get my blog up and running then too so I can get a bit of free publicity. ;)

stewie_brian_novel.jpg

:lol:

"Chilli Flakes ...... Crushed Chilli ...... Same thing...?"

BZaVkT4.gif

Well Im fucking sure that most people would think crushed chilli is chilli powder not a flake. A flake conjures up a gentile wispy floaty item not something that has been crushed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Im fucking sure that most people would think crushed chilli is chilli powder not a flake. A flake conjures up a gentile wispy floaty item not something that has been crushed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bunglebrot.gif

Mince beef (from the local independent farm shop's butcher - less horsey that way, Fist ;)), paprika, salt, pepper, 1 egg, flour. Bit of smoked paprika, garlic powder and chilli flakes as well for the burger above.

Eyeballed the ingredients and then let the mixture sit in the fridge for a 1/2 hour before forming burgers. Sometimes I use a bit of oil instead of the egg.

Fried it in some roasted tomato vegetable oil too.

Mince beef (from the local independent farm shop's butcher - less horsey that way, Fist ;)), paprika, salt, pepper, 1 egg, flour. Bit of smoked paprika, garlic powder and chilli flakes as well for the burger above.

Eyeballed the ingredients and then let the mixture sit in the fridge for a 1/2 hour before forming burgers. Sometimes I use a bit of oil instead of the egg.

Fried it in some roasted tomato vegetable oil too.

I bloody love smoked paprika. Brought back a big tin from a Spanish supermarket. Goes lovely on a roast chicken with some garlic and onion powder.

It's a River Cottage job. Will send you the recipe of the one I'm doing later if you like. Rather than you try to approximate it using fish fingers and a packet of Angel Delight. ;)

In other news, I bought that Jerusalem cookbook yesterday after flicking through it in Tesco. Some of the stuff in it looks amazing.