Cooking

Gemmill

Ant's bolognese again for tea tonight. :up:

Must be something in the air. :lol:

I made a bunch tonight, for a dinner party. But, but, but... I used chicken stock cubes instead of beef. Looking forward to great sex tonight.

Might as well give up and go home! What a woman.

I bet it tastes delicious.

(And if Gordon or Jamie knocked it up they'd all be saying "wow, what a twist on a cheesecake " ;)

You have to be taking the piss! :lol:

It looks utterly vile even before the butter-veined witch drowns it in syrup and cream. Battered cheesecake? She may as well just stuff a wheel of cheese in her cavernous maw, hook up a can of anchor to an IV, snort several lines of sugar and then wash the whole thing down with a mug of oil.

Jamie Oliver would drown it in olive oil like he does every single bloody recipe.

going make it myself this weekend got some people coming round so it's handy for a making a big pot of something !

Might a Recipe Book part of the site be an idea? Your bolognese, Meenzer's stuff, any of Leazes curries and of course Brock's concoctions?

lemon juice in a scone reciepe ? where did you get this?

http://www.bbcgoodfo...d-clotted-cream

Know-how

Adding a squeeze of lemon juice to the milk sours it slightly, mimicking sharp-tasting buttermilk, often used in scones but sometimes tricky to find. The slightly acidic mix gives a boost to the raising agents in the flour and baking powder.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Having a bit of a "let's cobble something together from what's in the freezer/cupboard" meal tonight, which is turning out to be a spiced chicken, borlotti bean and spinach stew. Not remotely aesthetically pleasing, but the smell as it's bubbling away - somewhere between a curry and a chilli - is pleasing enough. :good:

not really i just thought "why doesn't he use buttermilk"

cause aye it's really hard to find in tesco.... any tesco or asda or whatever, beside the normal milk, i assume he always just bought that instead of normal milk tbh has the word butter on it, could dip bread into it.

F_200701_January18ed__9546a.jpg

"Butter on it" :lol:

I've got half a lemon tarte left from Sunday lunch ..... It will not see tomorrow.