Cooking

Gemmill

I thought it looked odd. Our lass swears it was clotted cream. Tasted delicious though :lol:

Did the fact that it ran all over your plate not give you a clue that it maybe wasn't clotted? The clue being in the word CLOTTED :lol:

Any recommendations on what I can do with my pork loin steaks?

I have several defrosting and quite fancy them with a nice pasta sauce thingimybob.

Or a medley of Mediterranean vegetables may be nice.

Trying to avoid the very tempting chips and beans.

Dry rub of paprika, garlic powder, salt & pepper then fry em both sides until the meat's done. Deglaze the pan with some cider, throw in some chopped apple and then stir in cream (looks like you have a good supply of the stuff) and there's your sauce. Reduce it to whatever consistency you want.

Or if you want a pasta style sauce, do a quick tomato sauce (heck, throw a few sundried tomatoes in) with mixed herbs and a touch of fennel.

Dry rub of paprika, garlic powder, salt & pepper then fry em both sides until the meat's done. Deglaze the pan with some cider, throw in some chopped apple and then stir in cream (looks like you have a good supply of the stuff) and there's your sauce. Reduce it to whatever consistency you want.

Or if you want a pasta style sauce, do a quick tomato sauce (heck, throw a few sundried tomatoes in) with mixed herbs and a touch of fennel.

I hear the voice of god when I read your cooking posts.

Did a warm rice salad last night. MrsP initially turning her nose up at it...Ate the lot (even the bit I normally set aside for brekkie).

Basamati rice (depending on protions and people) Only boil for 10-11min.

Veg stock

Sun dried toms

red oninions

garlic

ginger

sweetcorn

peas

toms (fresh not tinned to be sliced and diced)

Currants or gogi berries or those other little red berries

Feta (optional depending on waistline).

leaf corriander

lemon juice

soya sauce

Cut everfink up while rice is boiling (add veg stock to boiling rice to colour).

Fry garlic and ginger with a splash of soya very quickly (1 min)

Add everything to the warm rice and lashings of a good quality olive oil and stir up

serve immediatmont.

:)

Edited by Park Life

That's sounds lovely as well :)

Stupid question ;)

Dry rub.

Does this just mean putting say 1/2 tsp of each ingredient in a cup, mix it together and then sprinkle onto the chops?