Cooking

Gemmill

While we're talking peas, here's a simple Meenzer household favourite since I was a nipper:

Fry a chopped onion in a little oil for 5 minutes. Add a cubed Mattessons sausage and fry for a further 5 minutes. Add a teaspoon of paprika, a crumbled beef stock cube, 2 tablespoons of tomato puree, two bay leaves and 200-300ml of water. Mix well and let it simmer away for 15 minutes until thickened, adding 200g or so of frozen petits pois about 5 minutes before the end (and a splash or two of water if it looks like drying up completely). Discard the bay leaves then stir into the pasta or noodles you've prepared in the meantime. And don't forget plenty of grated cheese. Lovely jubbly.

That's my sort of dish, right there. :)

I love peas, broad beans, green beans and anything remotely similar. In fact I love just about all veg.

Sounds decent . Peas with mini (silverskin ?) onions is a favourite .

Back into sprouts too after the annual reminder . Very underrated .

I had 6 sprouts tonight as well. Bought a frozen bag and 5 mins in boiling water and jobs a good'un.

Celery ? You down with that ?

Again, underrated .

Only in stuff like soups, not a fan of it raw.

by "stuff like soups" do you mean a Bloody Mary? That's the only place I'll tolerate Celery

by "stuff like soups" do you mean a Bloody Mary? That's the only place I'll tolerate Celery

And I thought you couldn't get any more fucking pretentious :lol:

Was absolutely smashing!

Only difference I made was adding an extra stock cube whilst everything was in the pan and added some more herbs. :D

I'm an idiot for that, always keep adding a pinch of this or that

:lol:

Inspired by the douche (albeit a douche I find to me amicable) in my avatar, I tried my leftover chilli with some mac and cheese - Triple D style.

Actually complimented the chilli surprisingly well! Good to have a change from rice anyway.

Bought some tinned hot dogs since I used to like them as a kid, and thought 'aye they'll be okay as a wee snack.'

What the hell is up with children's palates? Had a single bite before putting them in the bin. Last time I go against my greater judgement. Mechanically recovered meat ffs.