Cooking

Gemmill

Bit that through me is "chicken, cut into pieces".

Wasn't quite sure whether that meant a whole chicken cut into wings, breasts and legs on the bone or whether a few fillets chopped into "usual" curry chunks was the way to go.

Whole chicken cut into portions is always more tasty than a breast fillet.

So, first dish from the Silver Spoon.

Me delicious

8 year old delicious

Wife not very tasty

Basically it's a case of the brand of curry powder will dictate the taste.

I used our regular Schwartz mild curry powder.

The cream and apple shone through though.

Had it been served in an Italian restaurant it would have been very nice, but not wow.

uzusaha4.jpg

dujebyna.jpg

eraza3yh.jpg

What's italian about that curry? Or did you eat a pizza as you were waiting for it to cook?

Always been averse to the idea of just hoying curry powder into something and calling it a curry. You need a decent curry paste as a base and go from there.

What's italian about that curry? Or did you eat a pizza as you were waiting for it to cook?

Always been averse to the idea of just hoying curry powder into something and calling it a curry. You need a decent curry paste as a base and go from there.

It's from The Silver Spoon, classic Italian recipe book.

1500 pages of Italian food, first thing he makes is a fecking curry :lol:

I actually admire CT in a weird way. He takes so much piss taking on here from everything from his views on football, to his weight, diet, political views and culinary skills but still he comes back, posting pics of food that looks straight out of 1970s Britain.

And to be fair to him, he keeps trying. Not like he's from the generation of celebrity chefs and 24 hour food channels.

I actually admire CT in a weird way. He takes so much piss taking on here from everything from his views on football, to his weight, diet, political views and culinary skills but still he comes back, posting pics of food that looks straight out of 1970s Britain.

And to be fair to him, he keeps trying. Not like he's from the generation of celebrity chefs and 24 hour food channels.

Exactly ;)

And today its Roast beef with carrots! (Page 910)

u3a2uqyb.jpg

vabagysu.jpg

Edited by Christmas Tree

This recipe calls for celery leaves! Can you buy celery with leaves on?

Also quite a few of the recipes call for dry white wine. Is it a case of the better the wine the better the recipe will turn out?

If so, what's a good dry white wine (that I could get at a local supermarket).