Cooking

Gemmill

The pesto and the rice probably weren't all that healthy. ;)

While I'm not attending fatty clinic I am basing my eating around Slimming Worlds plan. On that plan Rice and Pasta are free. :)

Also must say I didn't realise you could put mushrooms and cherry tomatoes in the microwave? They come out absolutely delicious and begging to be tossed in rice or pasta.

Also never had pesto until this week. Bought 3 jars. Green yucky one, normal red one and a sun dried tomato and chilli.

Didn't realise they were unhealthy like. Have to check the labels when I'm next home.

They're just really high in fat and consequently really high in calories. Not unhealthy when eaten in moderation, but if you're having it often, then you're having a lot of high calorie meals - that plus limited exercise = weight gain.

They're just really high in fat and consequently really high in calories. Not unhealthy when eaten in moderation, but if you're having it often, then you're having a lot of high calorie meals - that plus limited exercise = weight gain.

2 or 3 meals a week which would each include a desert spoon size portion of Pesto.

Also never had pesto until this week. Bought 3 jars. Green yucky one, normal red one and a sun dried tomato and chilli.

Green is the normal one. And the best one. ;)

(I'm not even going to start on "line court". FOOT FAULT!)

Doing a beef stir-fry tonight, with a lovely piece of steak.

Cut into fine strips and coat it in five spice, salt & pepper. Stir-fry with garlic, red onion, ginger, chilli, carrot. Give it a mix, hoy some honey, soy sauce and sesame oil then fresh coriander, then serve.

Going to serve it with a Bandol which is a mix of Grenache (spicy), Mourvedre (tannic) and Cinsault (soft) grapes. Blends of grapes with blends of flavour.

Cut into fine strips and coat it in five spice, salt & pepper. Stir-fry with garlic, red onion, ginger, chilli, carrot. Give it a mix, hoy some honey, soy sauce and sesame oil then fresh coriander, then serve.

Going to serve it with a Bandol which is a mix of Grenache (spicy), Mourvedre (tannic) and Cinsault (soft) grapes. Blends of grapes with blends of flavour.

That sounds beautiful. Deserves a picture tbf.

That sounds awesome Chez.

Mam's bought some Marmite Gold. She says it's a christmas present for my lass (marmite-crazy is the mrs)...marmite with gold flakes in ffs. :lol:

I still have a bar of Marmite chocolate :o in the cupboard. "Comedy" gift from my uncle and aunt last year (along with some aftershave, my family isn't Fish's). Anyway, needless to say it's utterly rank. :lol:

Wine sounds lush, off to research. Love Grenache tbh.

You just sorted what I'll make for the housemates' dinner on Thursday :good:

Thursday is group grub night? So that's why you made chili for that UEFA game. And there I was thinking you loved me, Ben and Ben. :(

Thursday is group grub night? So that's why you made chili for that UEFA game. And there I was thinking you loved me, Ben and Ben. :(

I do sweet cheeks, but I've got a whole lotta love to give ;)

lack of drunken updates for your lovelife blog say different! ;)

Binned her off. She was WAY too mental, even for me.

I think my first drunken "Dear Diary" entry was me letting the wish be the father of the thought :(

Well, I'm back up North for a week or so, should be able to dangle my rod a bit.

Speaking of going home I'm genuinely looking forward to some home cooking from my Mam.

Wine sounds lush, off to research. Love Grenache tbh.

It's a Spanish grape originally, the mix with mourvedre and cinsaut is recommended for recipes with chilli in. I'm a total addict to Bordeaux so I don't know a lot about Bandol tbh, it was recommended to me and I'd definitely pass that on if you're looking for something to go with spicy Asian style food. We had this one http://www.laidiere.com/

The main thing I love about wine is that it lives and gets better in the bottle, the one we had tonight would have kept for 25 years apparently and got better each year. No one really knows why either. I know I sound like a tosser but once you've got kids on the firm and yer lass gives you shit about going to the pub, getting into wine becomes the acceptable face of alcoholism.

Thinking of doing some chicken tikka kebabs tonight.

Have an unused tub of Shwartz tikka powder in the cupboard that has a recipe for a marinade using Greek yoghurt, olive oil, lemon juice (and butter but I'll skip that).

Does that sound right?

Anyone used it?

Does it taste like a takeaway.

Anyone have a good onion bhaji recipe also (although deep fryings out).

Used to have a canny one for baking them but lost it. :(