Cooking

Gemmill

tonights attempt at my ne carbs bit

chicken fajitas without the wrap (lettuce and spinach instead)

I thought Tortillas were low in carbs? Or low carb Tortilla was easy to find. We vary our diet quite a bit so when we are off potato/rice/pasta/carbs we use Quinoa. Its a nice way of bulking a salad too to go with Chicken etc. Chop up a few tomatoes, cucumber, mild green chillis, pepper, spring onion, mix with cooled down quinoa, 2 spoons oil, one balsamic, salt and pepper. Great in the summer when all the salad in the shops is fresh and local (or from the market).

Edited by ChezGiven

I thought Tortillas were low in carbs? Or low carb Tortilla was easy to find. We vary our diet quite a bit so when we are off potato/rice/pasta/carbs we use Quinoa. Its a nice way of bulking a salad too to go with Chicken etc. Chop up a few tomatoes, cucumber, mild green chillis, pepper, spring onion, mix with cooled down quinoa, 2 spoons oil, one balsamic, salt and pepper. Great in the summer when all the salad in the shops is fresh and local (or from the market).

Some of the produce you have to pick from in those Parisian markets looks absolutely amazing like.

Some of the produce you have to pick from in those Parisian markets looks absolutely amazing like.

I'm in the Basque country at the minute, fruit and veg down here is very good but have to say things like strawberries can be better in England. Been eating loads of lamb and beef, done on La Plancha which is a sort of Basque barbecue.

I'm in the Basque country at the minute, fruit and veg down here is very good but have to say things like strawberries can be better in England. Been eating loads of lamb and beef, done on La Plancha which is a sort of Basque barbecue.

Im drooling here!

Sounds lush man!

Im drooling here!

Sounds lush man!

You put all your veg on it too as its a flat plate, great for onions, peppers, mushrooms etc but i throw on par-boiled green beans with shallots, diced carrots all sorts. You just scrape it all onto a big plate when its done.

• 2 weeks later...

For Meenzer:

6 tablespoons olive oil (per the recipe, but I reckon you could use half of this. Seemed a LOT)

2 large courgettes, cut into cubes

350g penne

250g salami Milano, cut into thin strips

3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley

100g grated Parmesan

50g salted butter

50g plain flour

50g full fat milk

1/2 teaspoon paprika

Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg

1. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the courgettes for 5 minutes. Season and set aside

2. This is to do the bechamel: melt the butter in a saucepan, stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the milk, lower the heat and cook for 10 minutes, whisking constantly. When it gets thick, stir in the paprika and nutmeg and season.

3. As you start the above, put your pasta on to cook. Once it's done, drain and put it in a large bowl along with the courgettes, salami, parsley, half of the bechamel and half of the Parmesan. Mix it all together.

4. Put the grill on medium-high. Butter a big, high sided oven proof dish (it says 22cm round dish in the book). Pour the pasta mix in, then cover with the remaining bechamel and sprinkle over the rest of the Parmesan.

5. Stick it under the grill for 15 minutes or so. And that's it done.

Edited by Gemmill

You can lower the calories of that bechemel by using semi-skimmed without much difference to the taste. Doesn't make much difference if you hoy in a load of parmesan later on mind...

Aye, I used semi skimmed and it tastes spot on. It's actually not bad calorie wise - around about 550 per serving. I thought it was gonna be much worse, and it tastes like it should be.

Oh yeah, I should point out that it's meant to serve 6, but could easily just serve 4 if you're starving.

Ya Kna, you can fuck on with all these fancy dan recipes til the cows come home however I have just made the bairn Mashed potatoes using butter and cheddar cheese with a moat of baked beans.

Fucking gorgeous and hoping she leaves some.

Yes, but this is the Cooking thread. ;)

Cheese in mash???

i never understood people doing that, like cheesy mash on cottage pie and the like too :sick:

Sacrilege! Some mature cheddar should always be sprinkled atop a cottage/shepherd's pie before it goes in the oven.

Any ideas as to what you serve on a first date? Thinking of inviting a lass over, incidentally in J69`s line of work.

Think balcony, Amarone red wine and something to get the blood flowing..

Shell out for a good, good steak.

(Assuming she does red meat, but I doubt you'd do her if she didn't. ;))

Ya Kna, you can fuck on with all these fancy dan recipes til the cows come home however I have just made the bairn Mashed potatoes using butter and cheddar cheese with a moat of baked beans.

What a fucking bamp. :lol: Do you really want your kids to have your diet? :razz:

Typical dad dinner :lol:

Shell out for a good, good steak.

(Assuming she does red meat, but I doubt you'd do her if she didn't. ;))

She can eat dogs droppings for all I care ( just not before she comes over), as long as she eats my sausage she can stuff her facehole with anything she likes!

A good good steak is a canny shout Meenzer, perhaps with some gratinated potatoes, green crisp beans, bernaise sauce and perhaps a chocolate fondant with raspberries and a scope of vanilla ice cream for desert?

If she isnt moist as a bucket full of jelly by the end of that meal, then fuck me. Slippery as an ice cube off the kitchen bench :)

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Anyone ever come across an Italian curry flavoured sauce. Our lass usually gets it in a local Italian and the dish is called Chicken Alexandra.

Does it come in a white/creamy sauce?

Probably Chicken Alexandria.

She can eat dogs droppings for all I care ( just not before she comes over), as long as she eats my sausage she can stuff her facehole with anything she likes!

A good good steak is a canny shout Meenzer, perhaps with some gratinated potatoes, green crisp beans, bernaise sauce and perhaps a chocolate fondant with raspberries and a scope of vanilla ice cream for desert?

If she isnt moist as a bucket full of jelly by the end of that meal, then fuck me. Slippery as an ice cube off the kitchen bench :)

I doesn't matter what you feed her as I imagine she'll be retching it all back up later through self loathing

:lol:

We use the word 'cakehole' over here but it works just as well!

That meal sounds class. You must actually like this one cos you don't normally go to that much effort for a shag ;)

:lol:

We use the word 'cakehole' over here but it works just as well!

That meal sounds class. You must actually like this one cos you don't normally go to that much effort for a shag ;)

People always tend to overdo their first time.

;)