Cooking

Gemmill

Get the Patak's tikka paste mate. Comes in jar and lasts for ages.

I'll have a look at that cheers.

Im trying to get into the habit of putting stuff together myself so I know whats in it but I certainly dont mind the odd cheat if it aint full of nasty stuff. :)

The Patak's pastes are spot on, CT. You can obviously pimp them up a bit with fresh chillies, coriander, creamed coconut etc. I use them quite a lot.

Get the Patak's tikka paste mate. Comes in jar and lasts for ages.

I'll have a look at that cheers.

Im trying to get into the habit of putting stuff together myself so I know whats in it but I certainly dont mind the odd cheat if it aint full of nasty stuff. :)

The Patak's range is as authentic as it gets in blighty for quick prep. Chiken is ideal dieting fare, good choice.

I've only had 2 boiled eggs with mustard sauce in a bed of fresh salad today. ;)

They're brill. Close enough to blending all the spices & veg etc to make your own curry paste. Jamie Oliver bummed them so Gemmil will vouch for them too.

I once managed to find this South African Jungle Curry paste which was lush but i'll be buggered if I can remember the proper name. Think it was a limited edition but it was awesome with a few added chillis and coconut milk.

I quite liked Levi Roots' Caribbean Curry sauce but his products have become so watered down now I don't even buy the reggae sauce for pizzas anymore.

They're brill. Close enough to blending all the spices & veg etc to make your own curry paste. Jamie Oliver bummed them so Gemmil will vouch for them too.

I once managed to find this South African Jungle Curry paste which was lush but i'll be buggered if I can remember the proper name. Think it was a limited edition but it was awesome with a few added chillis and coconut milk.

I quite liked Levi Roots' Caribbean Curry sauce but his products have become so watered down now I don't even buy the reggae sauce for pizzas anymore.

The Maseman curry paste is also very good. I tend to pimp it with keffir leaves and corriander leaves...

Ingredients: garlic, sugar, soybean oil, dried red chilies, tamarind juice, shallot, salt, lemongrass, spices (corriander seeds, cumin, cardamom, cinnamon, bay leaves, galangal, cloves), kaffir lime, galangal, citric acid. Product of Thailand.

Got some decent thai curry kits - paste, coconut milk and dried herbs from the Co-Op of all places (well my lass bought them originally). Can't remember the brand though. They come in a little plastic box.

CT, how do you make your photos of food look so much like the unappetising ones you see on restaurants in Benidorm?

:lol: Cheeky Cnut!

Probably because Im not David Bailey or Probably because Im dashing around serving up and people are saying...."Fuck taking a picture for Toontastic, can we just eat it dad!

not a fan of the patak's pastes meself like. they never taste quite right to me. mr viki's is a better bet, though not as readily available a brand as patak's. obviously, making your own paste from scratch is always a better bet but then who can be fucked to do that on a school night?

Home made (baked) onion Bhajis and home made Raita dip.

Recipe says to put them on a baking tray but if you do that they go flat so I thought a muffin tin a good idea. And it was. :)

Followed by my home made chicken and veg curry.

img0974on.jpg

please tell me that's before they've been in the oven

Mmm.. Deli in the Grainger Market sells some Mr. Vikki's stuff as I've bought some chilli jam and hot sauce of theirs before from there. I'll have a look and see if they do the pastes next time I'm in there, Dr. G.

Mmm.. Deli in the Grainger Market sells some Mr. Vikki's stuff as I've bought some chilli jam and hot sauce of theirs before from there. I'll have a look and see if they do the pastes next time I'm in there, Dr. G.

As pastes go Veeraswamys is top of the tree but hard to get hold of locally I'd imagine. iirc the restaurant people created and branded them.

http://www.bartspice...veeraswamy.html

http://www.bartspices.com/static/chilli-farm/

Edited by Park Life

CT, how do you make your photos of food look so much like the unappetising ones you see on restaurants in Benidorm?

:lol: Cheeky Cnut!

Probably because Im not David Bailey or Probably because Im dashing around serving up and people are saying...."Fuck taking a picture for Toontastic, can we just eat it dad!

I honestly love how Toontastic is a recognised entity in your house. Mint.

Our lass was just about to make her superb pasta dish using the normal 700g jar of Tomato pasta sauce. Just as she was about to crack it open, I checked our slimming world book and found out the jar was full of "syns"........... :(

The meal was ruined until I remembered Alex's pasta sauce :superman:

Meal saved and all totally "free food". :)