Cooking

Gemmill

Marks & Spencer opened a shop here at the end of last year, went down yesterday and stocked up on curries, sausages, bacon, pies, pancakes, shortbread, crisps :lol: Fuck you January.

They do a fabulous balti curry in a tin as it happens. Seems wrong, taste lush.

Had the chicken balti for my lunch with one of their garlic naans. 5 euros for the meal which is not too bad as they are very tasty. I don't normally do ready meals but it's a bit of a treat when it's M&S.

Chicken fadge eaters for me tonight.

:lol:

My old man calls a certain kind of bread fadge- anyone else heard this used, or is he just a filthy bread perv?

Edit; just googled, and fadge is another name for Oirish tayto bread, but he used it for a kind of stottie.

Btw, just driven to Warrington and back to price a job, can't be arsed cooking so Taste of India will be getting a call later.

Me Granny used to refer to stotties as fadge as well.

My old man calls a certain kind of bread fadge- anyone else heard this used, or is he just a filthy bread perv?

Edit; just googled, and fadge is another name for Oirish tayto bread, but he used it for a kind of stottie.

Btw, just driven to Warrington and back to price a job, can't be arsed cooking so Taste of India will be getting a call later.

I am inspired to sink my teeth into some doughy fadge.

Anyone know where I can get my hands on a bit ?

Marks & Spencer opened a shop here at the end of last year, went down yesterday and stocked up on curries, sausages, bacon, pies, pancakes, shortbread, crisps :lol: Fuck you January.

They do a fabulous balti curry in a tin as it happens. Seems wrong, taste lush.

Had the chicken balti for my lunch with one of their garlic naans. 5 euros for the meal which is not too bad as they are very tasty. I don't normally do ready meals but it's a bit of a treat when it's M&S.

One thing I miss is M&S curries. Gorgeous and very authentic.

Well CT you've inspired me with your cupboard curry. I'm going to do a lamb rogan josh tonight.

Haven't had lamb for ages.

My favourite curry.

Once made a fantastic one a few years ago but lost the recipe.

Did mine with: canned tomatoes, patak's curry paste, onions, peppers, lamb shoulder, mango chutney, garlic, garam masala and butter. Coated the lamb with a dry rub of smoked paprika, turmeric and chilli powder too before sealing the meat.

Ah yeah. Some leftover for lunch tomorrow!

Well CT you've inspired me with your cupboard curry. I'm going to do a lamb rogan josh tonight.

My favourite curry.

Did mine with: canned tomatoes, patak's curry paste, onions, peppers, lamb shoulder, mango chutney, garlic, garam masala and butter. Coated the lamb with a dry rub of smoked paprika, turmeric and chilli powder too before sealing the meat.

If it's really good and you can be arsed at some point, the full recipe would be appreciated. :)

My favourite curry.

If it's really good and you can be arsed at some point, the full recipe would be appreciated. :)

Take all the above ingredients.

Cook them.

Don't say I never help :)

Part of the diet / plan that I'm loosely basing my healthier eating on allows a full English.

Had one last night (while watching the biggest loser) and also had some quorn Red Leicester sausages.

Texture takes some getting used to but flavour was canny and knowing I wasn't eating minced fat etc was a big plus.

I am inspired to sink my teeth into some doughy fadge.

Anyone know where I can get my hands on a bit ?

I was actually waiting for you to say "Your Granny ate fadge?" or similar.

Thinking of knocking up some potato wedges for lunch. Anyone any ideas for spicing them up or giving them a bit of flavour.

Ie just shake chile powder on them etc etc

What about garlic?

put whole gloves of garlic in so it doesn't burn, then you've got sweet garlic to squeeze out and coat the wedges in. try chili flakes or powder, salt, pepper and plenty of olive oil.

sweet potato wedges are good too. i like to make a mix of both

Pan Haggerty man. Do you say "Haway" as well? ;)

I was only ever given it by my aunt who lived in Ryhope so can't even claim to have had the Geordie version. :(

Edited by trophyshy