Cooking

Gemmill

Yorkshire pudding after midnight :lol: And why not?

Had friends over for dinner so i cooked a cote de boeuf, it was fucking enormous. About 5 inches thick and at least a foot across. I used the grill to cook it, 5 mins each side twice, a few mins for good measure, bringing it out after about 24 mins. I had a tray underneath, scooped out the juices, added to a pan with half a beef stock cube and about 250ml of water, bit of flour etc.

Served it with mash, green beans and a 2003 Santenay Premier Cru.

a 5 inch steak was done after 5 mins on each side? What kind of grill do you have? NASA afterburner? :lol:

Whats wrong with a yorkshire pudding after midnight!

Christmas Tree, I expect a prompt post with your pre-match pies-to-go, complete with tin foil hats to preserve the heat :)

Had friends over for dinner so i cooked a cote de boeuf, it was fucking enormous. About 5 inches thick and at least a foot across. I used the grill to cook it, 5 mins each side twice, a few mins for good measure, bringing it out after about 24 mins. I had a tray underneath, scooped out the juices, added to a pan with half a beef stock cube and about 250ml of water, bit of flour etc.

a 5 inch steak was done after 5 mins on each side? What kind of grill do you have? NASA afterburner? :lol:

:lol:

Whats wrong with a yorkshire pudding after midnight!

Christmas Tree, I expect a prompt post with your pre-match pies-to-go, complete with tin foil hats to preserve the heat :)

They like to taste blood those frenchies.

Anyone got any cooking plans for the festive period.

I just got a nice little recipe book from M & S Pasta and Bakes which is basically lots of Italian stuff from soups through to Puddings.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Marks-and-Spencer-Comfort-Receipe/dp/B0051KBONQ?extid=af_a_Content_74130

Some of the stuff looks really nice.

Last Christmas I found a fantastic recipe for Cranberry and chesnut stuffing. Best stuffing I have ever tasted but was a fanny on to make.

3170_MEDIUM.jpg

Recipe here

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3170/chestnut-bacon-and-cranberry-stuffing

I know I go on about him, but Oliver made some mint stuff on his Christmas show that was in last week. Second part is on this week.

You would have loved the turkey thing he did, CT. Took a while turkey crown, packed some cranberry in the middle of it, covered it with sort of liquidised mushrooms, packed some crispy smoked bacon and Rosemary on the top, then put pastry over the top. Cooked it and served it with gravy. It looked class.

I know I go on about him, but Oliver made some mint stuff on his Christmas show that was in last week. Second part is on this week.

You would have loved the turkey thing he did, CT. Took a while turkey crown, packed some cranberry in the middle of it, covered it with sort of liquidised mushrooms, packed some crispy smoked bacon and Rosemary on the top, then put pastry over the top. Cooked it and served it with gravy. It looked class.

Sounds grotesque :lol: like some american turkey pie. Me experimenting with the Turkey on Xmas day wouldnt go down well.

Ive only made one Jamie thing, (cant remember what it was) and it was dreadful.

I think I saw his Christmas show last year and it looked pretty good although perhaps a bit complicated for me and too posh for our lass. (Thinks red wine in meat sauces etc is weird :lol: )

Really want to try and home make the fantastic chicken pasta salad thing Marksy sell. (Ones on its way as we speak so I can get some ideas from the ingredient list).

Sounds grotesque :lol: like some american turkey pie. Me experimenting with the Turkey on Xmas day wouldnt go down well.

I think I saw his Christmas show last year and it looked pretty good although perhaps a bit complicated for me and too posh for our lass. (Thinks red wine in meat sauces etc is weird :lol: )

Travelled around asia with my ex a few years back, all she wanted was fries and a burger whereever we went. Sushi? No ty, fries please.

Lovely lass otherwise but had the culinary experience and preference of a 4 year old.

Travelled around asia with my ex a few years back, all she wanted was fries and a burger whereever we went. Sushi? No ty, fries please.

Lovely lass otherwise but had the culinary experience and preference of a 4 year old.

I know it's probably intolerant as owt but I don't think I could be with anyone whose taste in food was limited to turkey twizzlers and oven chips. It's not like I cook up snails with fennel foam or raw puffer fish for dinner every night, but simply not enjoying (or being willing to at least try) a variety of food is downright baffling to me. :dunno:

Same here :lol: Wifes idea of experimenting is when McDonalds bring out the festive Big Mac

Aye. Always use his recipes when it comes to making Christmas dinner like.

His roasties are to die for. ;)

I'll be making this as well. Looked class:

Epic hot chocolate

Jamie: "This hot chocolate is off the scale. It's so simple to make and is much better than that shop-bought stuff you get, which is often full of rubbish and probably hasn't got much chocolate in it anyway. I don't want you to feel cheated, I want you to have the real thing... life's too short not to."

Serves 8 to 10

2 pints semi-skimmed milk

For the epic hot chocolate mix

2 tablespoons Horlicks

2 tablespoons cornflour

3 tablespoons icing sugar

4 tablespoons quality organic cocoa

100g quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), finely grated

a pinch of ground cinnamon

a pinch of sea salt

1. Pour the milk into a large pan, and bring almost to the boil over a medium heat.

2. Meanwhile, add all the chocolate mix ingredients to a large jar and give it a good shake to combine. You need around 10 heaped tablespoons of the chocolate mix for this amount of milk. Simply spoon the chocolate mix into the hot milk, give it a good whisk and leave to bubble away for a few minutes before serving. You're looking for that gorgeous, thick, almost claggy, knockout texture.

Epic hot chocolate

Jamie: "This hot chocolate is off the scale. It's so simple to make and is much better than that shop-bought stuff you get, which is often full of rubbish and probably hasn't got much chocolate in it anyway. I don't want you to feel cheated, I want you to have the real thing... life's too short not to."

Serves 8 to 10

2 tablespoons Horlicks

2 tablespoons cornflour

a pinch of sea salt

1. Pour the milk into a large pan, and bring almost to the boil over a medium heat.

2. Meanwhile, add all the chocolate mix ingredients to a large jar and give it a good shake to combine. You need around 10 heaped tablespoons of the chocolate mix for this amount of milk. Simply spoon the chocolate mix into the hot milk, give it a good whisk and leave to bubble away for a few minutes before serving. You're looking for that gorgeous, thick, almost claggy, knockout texture.

That sounds delish. Add Baileys or Brandy for a warming kick ;)

Epic hot chocolate

Serves 8 to 10

2 tablespoons Horlicks

2 tablespoons cornflour

a pinch of sea salt

Wor lass made it yesterday. B)