NUFC v Tottenham Hotspur

janu

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a bizzare day yesterday. Started off watching the Hearts Celtic game (the first return of Pressley to Tynecastle :secret: ) with my flatmate, a dyed in the wool Celt, so going down 2-1 from 1-0 up I was not in the best of moods for the Toon game. I was infact quite pissed already. But of course then had the joy of the 2 goals in 90 seconds reverse, quietly watching at the back of the pub while my flatmate's ex (a fucking Essex boy twat) wearing his Spurs top (in Edinburgh FFS) went absolutely spare in front of the screen. Too funny tbh :unsure:

What did butt do for his celebration?

Moonwalk or something. Haha.

Cringe worthy?

Nah, it was quality. I had to rewind just to watch his celebration again! :unsure:

Suprised SSR hasn't set it to his avatar yet.

enjoyed yesterdays game, thought it was going to be one of them days, group of Sunderland fans in pub generally annoying people, even put their shirts on especially to go out and watch the game

made Butt getting the winner even better

hate spurs also

well done to the team, Butt is *almost* forgiven for Cardiff

Thought we rode our luck and on another day it could have been 3-1 to them but we earned a bit of luck with that performance and 'never say die' attitude. The defence stand-off a bit too much for my liking which is an open invite to good players to have a pop. That said, we're having to play people like Huntingdon who is still very raw, Ramage who I've stuck up for in the past but who is now getting found out (still prefer him alongside Taylor to the other two though) and Pattison who offers graft and little more. That Sun article is a fucking joke though. Still, it's a funny one when we've taken all 3 points.

Thought we rode our luck and on another day it could have been 3-1 to them but we earned a bit of luck with that performance and 'never say die' attitude. The defence stand-off a bit too much for my liking which is an open invite to good players to have a pop. That said, we're having to play people like Huntingdon who is still very raw, Ramage who I've stuck up for in the past but who is now getting found out (still prefer him alongside Taylor to the other two though) and Pattison who offers graft and little more. That Sun article is a fucking joke though. Still, it's a funny one when we've taken all 3 points.

Agreed. Hilarious in that respect as it's perfectly fair comment that we could have been well beaten on another day, just a complete embarrasment of tabloid football journalism.

The standing off was the main criticism from me too. Defoe's ping against the post was a quality knock but was in complete contrast to Martin's who was being pressured and shown wide when he hit his equaliser. Defoe on the other hand had a standing potshot. It was happening all match, like. I think even when you've got youth in then you can still do something about getting them to squeeze their opponents. The importance of this is all the more telling when you've got Shay parrying shots from all owa the place cos the flight of the ball is so inpredictable. Always worth a pop from range.

they completely ignore the fact it was a home game for them, and we battered them up here

Oh aye, they're are missing Jenas and King though :secret:

I honestly saw a post somewhere on ggchat:

'we absolutely must get Jenas bask ASAP' :unsure:

Fucking great result and great battling.

The Sun write up is one of the poorest (in a long line of poor) articles that rag has severed up. Defoe timed his run to perfection? Apart from being offside that is eh?

Huntingtons foul on Lennon was a booking nothing more, Nobby's 'handball' clearly wasn't a pen and Chimbonda should not have been on the pitch for the second half.

But it all makes the more sweet.

Tremendous result. Before Martins' equaliser I was livid like, cos I thought we were gonna get beat and just wanted us to kick lumps out of them.....which annoyingly we weren't doing. Was speaking in random sweary tongues when Martins' shot went in though. :unsure:

Tremendous result. Before Martins' equaliser I was livid like, cos I thought we were gonna get beat and just wanted us to kick lumps out of them.....which annoyingly we weren't doing. Was speaking in random sweary tongues when Martins' shot went in though. :unsure:

Me Dad was just about to have a go at Martins for having a ridiculous shot when it flew in. Tre-fucking-mendous.

Me Dad was just about to have a go at Martins for having a ridiculous shot when it flew in. Tre-fucking-mendous.

B) Mind I thought he had been very average up until that point - shit movement, and lots of whining (although Milner deserved some of the grief he was getting tbf). Basically got the MOM award for that shot. Butt should have won it imo. Even Renton's decided to forgive him ffs. :secret:

:hump: Mind I thought he had been very average up until that point - shit movement, and lots of whining (although Milner deserved some of the grief he was getting tbf). Basically got the MOM award for that shot. Butt should have won it imo. Even Renton's decided to forgive him ffs. B)

He did nowt, apart from scoring a screamer and setting up the winner. Remind you of anyone? :secret:

:lol: Mind I thought he had been very average up until that point - shit movement, and lots of whining (although Milner deserved some of the grief he was getting tbf). Basically got the MOM award for that shot. Butt should have won it imo. Even Renton's decided to forgive him ffs. :lol:

He did nowt, apart from scoring a screamer and setting up the winner. Remind you of anyone? :secret:

B) That lazy French cocknose? Martins' "doing nowt" is not through a lack of effort though, he's just never been taught proper movement. Whether he'll learn it with our coaches is anyone's guess.

I realise you weren't saying he was lazy btw. :hump: At least I think you weren't. :hump:

:lol: Mind I thought he had been very average up until that point - shit movement, and lots of whining (although Milner deserved some of the grief he was getting tbf). Basically got the MOM award for that shot. Butt should have won it imo. Even Renton's decided to forgive him ffs. :lol:

B) That lazy French cocknose? Martins' "doing nowt" is not through a lack of effort though, he's just never been taught proper movement. Whether he'll learn it with our coaches is anyone's guess.

I realise you weren't saying he was lazy btw. :hump: At least I think you weren't. :hump:

I read that as Bellamy tbh

:blink: Mind I thought he had been very average up until that point - shit movement, and lots of whining (although Milner deserved some of the grief he was getting tbf). Basically got the MOM award for that shot. Butt should have won it imo. Even Renton's decided to forgive him ffs. :lol:

I realise you weren't saying he was lazy btw. :hump: At least I think you weren't. :lol:

Martins probably will be one of those players who does nothing for 90% of the game and still scores or makes the winner. Much like Owen or, ahem, Robert, indeed. :hump:

Butt has proved me wrong, I admit it. I didn't think he had the heart to turn himself round. With hindsight, I reckon he hated Souness which partly explains his disgrace in Cardiff.

I read that as Bellamy tbh

Thought it was obvious it was Robert, should've added 'left-foot' before 'screamer'.