Toonaldo.

Optimistic Nut

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_page...rt/sport3.shtml

REAL MADRID are keen to offload Ronaldo for a cut-price £5million this month, with Newcastle ready to pounce.

Sport of the World has learned the Magpies could move in after Real's Italian hitman Antonio Cassano refused to go to St James' Park. But they will be looking at wages of at least £90,000 a week for the Brazil legend.

Ronaldo like Cassano, has fallen out with the Spaniards' boss Fabio Capello. Now Capello has made it clear the superstar striker has played his last game for the club.

Real president Ramon Calderon said: "Up to January 31 there could be a possibility for a transfer and, if that's the case and Ronaldo wants to leave, we will evaluate it."

Signal

It has been alleged Ronaldo, 30, is near joining David Beckham in Major League Soccer.

But he still hopes to take part in the next World Cup and a move to the States would signal the end of his international career.

Real will let Ronaldo go for a low fee as they would avoid paying his £4.5m-a-year wages for the next three years.

;)

Now if it was a loan deal from now until the end of the season with the option to buy in June, I'd consider it.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

If you look up goalscorer in the dictionairy it has a picture of the chubby brazilian! He scored 14 in 23 last season and I think it would be well worth the gamble. We would make some of the money back from merchandise due to his stature anyway!

If you look up goalscorer in the dictionairy it has a picture of the chubby brazilian! He scored 14 in 23 last season and I think it would be well worth the gamble. We would make some of the money back from merchandise due to his stature anyway!

Whilst playing for REAL MADRID.

The premiership is more physically demanding and most foreign players take a year or two to adapt. We'll be buying a player who isn't getting any younger, was awful and disinterested in the World Cup and is on silly wages. He'll be another Kluivert, only more expensive.

The premiership is more physically demanding and most foreign players take a year or two to adapt. We'll be buying a player who isn't getting any younger, was awful and disinterested in the World Cup and is on silly wages. He'll be another Kluivert, only more expensive.

He has scored goals at a huge rate whilst playing for EVERY CLUB HE HAS EVER PLAYED FOR, tbh.

If we can get Sibierski scoring then I have little doubt we would get Ronaldo doing the same. Certainly a better option than getting some youngster in on loan who has never really played at the top level.

He has scored goals at a huge rate whilst playing for EVERY CLUB HE HAS EVER PLAYED FOR, tbh.

If we can get Sibierski scoring then I have little doubt we would get Ronaldo doing the same. Certainly a better option than getting some youngster in on loan who has never really played at the top level.

We just hump balls for Le Sib to nod in, Ronaldo isn't exactly renowned for his aerial prowess. As someone said, the only way I'd take him would be a loan with the option to buy if he's any good. Too big a risk otherwise, when we could spend 4.5 million on a defender.

We need a defender AND a goalscorer. If Martins gets injured we are relying on Dyer and Sibierski, and although they have scored goals and I have a lot more faith in Dyers end product than I ever have before I would still much rather we had someone who was proven to score goals. Now Ronaldo may not make it here but everyone is a gamble and for me Ronaldo is a lower risk one even if he has lost motivation he showed last season he is still capable of scoring a good amount of goals to games. (yes for Real Madrid).

We need a defender AND a goalscorer. If Martins gets injured we are relying on Dyer and Sibierski, and although they have scored goals and I have a lot more faith in Dyers end product than I ever have before I would still much rather we had someone who was proven to score goals. Now Ronaldo may not make it here but everyone is a gamble and for me Ronaldo is a lower risk one even if he has lost motivation he showed last season he is still capable of scoring a good amount of goals to games. (yes for Real Madrid).

Although the head says no. I am strangely drawn to the buck tooth party machine. Won't happen though the wages are astronomical.

To be honest, I'd rather we went for another almost 30 year old, who is still in form, is a better option than Ronaldo and wants out of his club. His name is Miroslav Klose.

Well I would prefer Henry but it aint going to happen :unsure: