Darts world championships

catmag

Dunno if anyone is watching this, or even in the slightest bit bothered, but it's semi-final day and in the second semi at about 4.30 Phil Nixon is playing. He's 50-odd years old, from Durham and has never qualified for the tournament before but has managed to make his way this far. He's playing a 17 year-old Dutch bloke so it might be interesting!

Go on, tell me yous don't give a shit ;)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got mates who go to the darts religiously each year. Not sure if its this one or the other championship though. I love the players wives tbh.

Well the wife of this Nixon blokey looks rough as a badgers! They're playing at the Lakeside and it's all beer, tabs and heckling. Class :o Reminds me of going to watch my dad play when I was a kid. Actually, it reminds me of going to watch my dad play in the Cherry Tree last week... ;)

Edited by catmag

Nixon is playing Niels de Ruiter, who isn't the 17 year old dude, but has been a it of a surprise. He's the only Dutch guy left, and most wouldn't have predicted he'd be the last one standing from Holland!

Phil Nixon is one of those happy stories of an underdog doing his best and having his day in the sun. It would be quality to see him make the final.

So aye Cath, I give a shit. ;) Love my darts.

Nixon is playing Niels de Ruiter, who isn't the 17 year old dude, but has been a it of a surprise. He's the only Dutch guy left, and most wouldn't have predicted he'd be the last one standing from Holland!

Phil Nixon is one of those happy stories of an underdog doing his best and having his day in the sun. It would be quality to see him make the final.

So aye Cath, I give a shit. ;) Love my darts.

Ah, my mistake. I was only half-listening to the telly while there was a break in the first semi. I want King to win this one but I don't think he's going to. Adams is wearing too much Elizabeth Duke bling for my liking.. :o

So aye Cath, I give a shit. :o Love my darts.

Ah, my mistake. I was only half-listening to the telly while there was a break in the first semi. I want King to win this one but I don't think he's going to. Adams is wearing too much Elizabeth Duke bling for my liking.. :puke:

I've always hated Martin Adams. If King can hold his throw here he's right back in it.

I was disappointed to see Mike Veitch go out in the 2nd round this year. He's originally from my neck of the woods, but Mervin King took him out this year.

King does hold his throw. 5-4. ;)

Phil Nixon 4-1 up at the break. ;)

He will tire though and it'll more than likely still end up a close match.

They've flown through the first 5 sets! He only needs 2 more - be positive, Jody! :o

That guy supporting Nixon is doing my tits in, whoever wins this is going to get hammered in the final if they don't improve drastically.

Mackems tbh

Phil Nixon 4-1 up at the break. ;)

They've flown through the first 5 sets! He only needs 2 more - be positive, Jody! :puke:

Hate to say I told you so. :o

Phil Nixon 4-1 up at the break. :o

They've flown through the first 5 sets! He only needs 2 more - be positive, Jody! :o

Hate to say I told you so. :puke:

Had on, Scotsman. He's not lost yet ;)

[sings]Cos baby it aint over til it's overrrrr....... ;) [/sings]

Phil Nixon 4-1 up at the break. :o

They've flown through the first 5 sets! He only needs 2 more - be positive, Jody! ;)

Hate to say I told you so. :puke:

Had on, Scotsman. He's not lost yet B)

[sings]Cos baby it aint over til it's overrrrr....... ;) [/sings]

Never said I thought he'd lose. Just said the match would end up close because of stamina and he looked tired. :o

Cosidering how he'd been finishing that 121 outshot to win the match was a fucking corker!

Well done to him. :woosh: