Motty being diplomatic

Invicta_Toon

I thought it was embarrassing tbh. Move on ffs, Boris Johnson was right they do love wallowing in self pity.

It was a terrible day and most people who remember it well think 'there but the grace of god'.

In reality it could have happened to any of us at that time, big crowd for a semi, decrepit ground, total chaos with the emergency services etc etc. I was at Hillsborough more than once for semi finals in the 70s and 80s and it was truly dreadful.

The problem is that, at that time, the Liverpool supporters refused to accept that part of the problem was caused by their own supporters. This is still the case, just as they refuse to accept any responsibility for those awful events in Heysel that resulted in 39 Juve fans persihing. Don't get me wrong, most other sets of supporters would have done exactly the same as the scousers that day when they opened the gates of one section prior to kick off. I just don't understand what 'justice' they want? There was a whole litany of fuck ups that day from their own supporters, groundstaff, police, emergency services. All had a role to play in one of the darkest days of English football but in refusing to accept their own supporters were partly to blame they have constantly refused to face up to the truth.

There have been other dark days in our game, at Ibrox and Bradford to name just two but nobody seems to want 'justice' for them. All of us realise the horrors of seeing your husband / wife / son / daughter go off to a match and not return but surely this constant campaign can do nothing but bring back the nightmare these people suffered.

I thought it was embarrassing tbh. Move on ffs, Boris Johnson was right they do love wallowing in self pity.

It was a terrible day and most people who remember it well think 'there but the grace of god'.

In reality it could have happened to any of us at that time, big crowd for a semi, decrepit ground, total chaos with the emergency services etc etc. I was at Hillsborough more than once for semi finals in the 70s and 80s and it was truly dreadful.

The problem is that, at that time, the Liverpool supporters refused to accept that part of the problem was caused by their own supporters. This is still the case, just as they refuse to accept any responsibility for those awful events in Heysel that resulted in 39 Juve fans persihing. Don't get me wrong, most other sets of supporters would have done exactly the same as the scousers that day when they opened the gates of one section prior to kick off. I just don't understand what 'justice' they want? There was a whole litany of fuck ups that day from their own supporters, groundstaff, police, emergency services. All had a role to play in one of the darkest days of English football but in refusing to accept their own supporters were partly to blame they have constantly refused to face up to the truth.

There have been other dark days in our game, at Ibrox and Bradford to name just two but nobody seems to want 'justice' for them. All of us realise the horrors of seeing your husband / wife / son / daughter go off to a match and not return but surely this constant campaign can do nothing but bring back the nightmare these people suffered.

I've made exactly the same point on N-O. I really don't understand what they want, and to me it seems they don't either. The only thing the Liverpool fans seem to be showing a united front in is rattling on and on about it until everyone else is losing sympathy for their cause.

To be fair, they don't really go on about it that much anymore and they were provoked into this one. That wanker McKenzie was caught at an after dinner speech before xmas telling the audience he sticks by what the S*n printed and is not sorry for any of it. In fact, he went as far to say he had apologised at the time but he didn't mean it and only did it because his bosses told him to. You say the Liverpool fans can't let it go, yet they've only done this because that stupid little twat can't either.

Perhaps you should have a look at the Hillsborough Jutice Campaign website which sets out exactly what they want before having a go.

I just have and still can't figure out what they want, here is a list of their aims and objectives.

Aims and Objectives of the Hillsborough Justice Campaign

The Hillsborough Justice Campaign was formed in response to the belief of a substantial number of people who were involved in the disaster, that after more than nine years and having many judicial decisions ruled against them, a fresh approach was needed in the fight to achieve proper Justice. The Constitution of the membership is reflected in the Group's name and it follows that the Organisation is broad-based.

1) To pursue Justice for those 96 people who died in the Hillsborough Stadium Disaster of 1989, the bereaved Families, the Survivors who came perilously close to dying in Pens 3 and 4 and those unfortunate people still suffering from the ensuing trauma of the Disaster.

(2) To recruit members to the Organisation for the purpose of raising support for the Justice Campaign

(3) To raise funds for the furtherance of the Justice Campaign

Organisational Strategy

(1) To acknowledge at every stage the people who died at Hillsborough and those who survived. Implicit within this is a total support for each individual bereaved Family.

(2) Individual bereaved Families will be fully supported in any reasonable legal activity they undertake in pursuit of their personal fight for Justice.

(3) The collation of any fresh evidence relating to the Disaster and its aftermath will be a primary function of the Group. Survivors providing evidence will also be offered full support.

(4) The Group will operate in an open and democratic manner. It will provide a forum for discussion, debate and activity and will facilitate a means of mutual support.

(5) Regular meetings will take place in order to distribute information and update members.

(6) There will be an Annual General Meeting for the purpose of electing Officers and Committee Members, in line with the Constitution of the Organisation.

(7) Membership will be open to all those who support the Aims and Objectives of the Organisation.

(8) Fund-raising will play a crucial role in the Organisation it will be an indispensible means of sustaining activity.

(9) The acquisition of offices (already achieved) will play a pivotal role in the raising of finance. The premises will operate both as an office/advice centre relating to Hillsboroughand as an outlet for the selling of suitable goods (Tee/Polo Shirts, Caps, Stickers etc.). The latter will therefore operate as a supportive wing to the main fund-raising body. It will assist, in a practical way, the activities of the Group which involve expenditure.

(10) The Group acknowledge the political nature of the decisions reached to date pertaining to the Disaster and will therefore not desist from entering the political arena.

'Justice' seems a bit vague.

To be fair, they don't really go on about it that much anymore and they were provoked into this one. That wanker McKenzie was caught at an after dinner speech before xmas telling the audience he sticks by what the S*n printed and is not sorry for any of it. In fact, he went as far to say he had apologised at the time but he didn't mean it and only did it because his bosses told him to. You say the Liverpool fans can't let it go, yet they've only done this because that stupid little twat can't either.

I agree with you 100% about McKenzie mate but neither him or the Sun are going to admit they were 100% wrong here.

The problem is that like most bollocks they print, their stories are rooted in truth but then subjected to their ridiculous spin.

IIRC the two main problems they have with the story is that:

a: Liverpool fans robbed their own dead.

b: Liverpool fans pissed on their own dead.

It's all a long time ago now but if my memory serves right there was evidence at that the time dead people were both robbed and pissed on........however.............as usual The Sun put their own bollocks on it.

a: Robbing supporters.

By the time these poor families got to collect their loved one's possessions they had been through countless hands. Liverpool supporters in the crowd and on the pitch, emergency services & stewards on the pitch, ambulance drivers, hospital staff, mortuary attendants etc etc. Whilst it might be possible to believe that were some scum supporters prepared to do this, it would be impossible to say for certain at what time or place any thieving of personal stuff occured.

b: Urinating on supporters.

I don't think anybody could think that scousers would deliberately piss on dead people! They might be a lot of things as demonstrated by their shitting into cups and throwing at Man Utd supporters but even I couldn't imagine anybody stooping so low...... but just imagine the scenario..........you are fearing for your life being crushed, others either dead or still alive are being crushed underfoot...... would it not be quite understandable if some people 'lost control' of their bladder in such circumstances?

As I say, 2 elements that may have a grain of truth behind them and can't be proven as 'lies' which get the sun off the hook but doesn't really make allowance for their reporting slant on it.