Emre will sign a new 4 year deal

Dr Gloom

what's everyone's thoughts? happy, or would you rather see him sold and barton signed as his replacement?

i am personally pretty pleased that he will be staying. he's a much better footballer than parker.

what's everyone's thoughts? happy, or would you rather see him sold and barton signed as his replacement?

i am personally pretty pleased that he will be staying. he's a much better footballer than parker.

I'm pleased but would like Barton too.

I don't think you can compare Emre and Parker, they are completely different types of players. I think Emre goes missing a bit against the top teams and Parker although he's improved recently has a run of 5 games before he was injured where he was pure shite!

When he gets his act together he's a bloody good player. However it seems to be flashes of brilliance rather than consistently where he's concerned.

Given the current squad depth situation, I don't think we've got any alternative than to be happy that he's staying. If we had more personnel I may have a different opinion though.

pay increase to £75k... allegedly

Seeing as he has over 3 years left on a reported £60k pw thats the only reason I can see for him signing a new contract, not worth that sort of money tbh.

I am pleased BUT, in the last couple of games his passing has been poor and he doesnt seem on his game.

When on form he is a good player, hard grafter, good passer, good tackler and has a good shot on him

Personally, I think he's all foreplay and no orgasm.

And I cringe when I see him step up to take a freekick, they are usually woeful.

I am sooooo delighted....

Didn't you say there had been little to no noises in Jormany about Emre going to Bayern?

Wouldn't be surprised to find out it was all put about by Emre's agent to help with contract negotiations.

Provided all of the info is correct.

Personally, I think he's all foreplay and no orgasm.

And I cringe when I see him step up to take a freekick, they are usually woeful.

Aye same here, he hit a cracker against Sunderland and thats all. He must only have 3 or 4 on target for us out of about 40? Give Solano the job, although Milner has hit a few decent ones the last few games.

Have I missed something? Where does it say he will sign a new deal? There is no way he will be offered a new contract at increased wages when his current one runs until 2010.

Edited by Bombadil

Have I missed something? Where does it say he will sign a new deal? There is no way he will be offered a new contract at increased wages when his current one runs until 2010.

we'll see :yes

we'll see :yes

My what a big lecture :yes