Le Guen and Rangers part company

Scottish Mag

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lippi was also mentioned on the Radio.

:yes

Smith, McCoist and Durrant is meant to be a done deal..

Wonder what fucking clown we will get in charge of the national team now.. :yes

Alex McLeish is still looking for a job.

Lippi was also mentioned on the Radio.

:yes

Smith, McCoist and Durrant is meant to be a done deal..

Wonder what fucking clown we will get in charge of the national team now.. :yes

Bloke on Five Live last night seemed to think Smith will stay in charge on Scotland too (for the time being at least).

There is no way that will work. Every Rangers player that is picked will be questioned etc..

Been reported that the SFA have reject the approach from Rangers for Walter Smith.

The chief executive has revealed that Ally McCoist does not have a contract with them and is therefore the favourite to become manager working with Durrant and Stuart McCall.

You Jocks must be mighty relieved. If Smith HAD become Rangers boss, the hot favourite to replace him as Scotland boss was Souness! :lol:

Been reported that the SFA have reject the approach from Rangers for Walter Smith.

The chief executive has revealed that Ally McCoist does not have a contract with them and is therefore the favourite to become manager working with Durrant and Stuart McCall.

You Jocks must be mighty relieved. If Smith HAD become Rangers boss, the hot favourite to replace him as Scotland boss was Souness! :lol:

:lol: That would not even be funny!

He will be Rangers boss, trust me..inside info.. :lol:

Bloke off Radio 5 reckoned it was a done deal last neet.

He will be Rangers boss, trust me..inside info.. :lol:

Bloke off Radio 5 reckoned it was a done deal last neet.

Was a done deal last week.

SFA to take legal action against both Smith and Rangers, I hope they get every penny they can from him.

Presumably they've agreed compensation. That was all that seemed to be holding up the process.

SFA to take legal action against both Smith and Rangers, I hope they get every penny they can from him.

Presumably they've agreed compensation. That was all that seemed to be holding up the process.

Doesn't look like they have, he's just walked out on them as far as I can tell.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/6233237.stm

The Scottish Football Association will now take legal action against him "for breach of contract" and against Rangers "for inducement to break the contract".

Rangers have confirmed the appointment of Walter Smith as their new manager.

More to follow...

:razz:

Altogether now......

"Souness for Scotland!"

You poor bastards!

The Scottish Football Association will now take legal action against him "for breach of contract" and against Rangers "for inducement to break the contract".

Aah right. Just I heard last night that was the only stumbling block (as he was definitely going). The Scotland football team losing a good manager and Rangers getting taken to the cleaners eh? Talk about a win-win situation :razz:

Aah right. Just I heard last night that was the only stumbling block (as he was definitely going). The Scotland football team losing a good manager and Rangers getting taken to the cleaners eh? Talk about a win-win situation :razz:

It'll be interesting to see if Scotland will blame their inevitable failure to qualify for Euro 2008 on his walking out and try and sue for lost earnings, it could work out as Rangers' most expensive appointment.