Newcastle United V Manchester United

Scottish Mag

Wonderful considering the number of hideously obnoxious Manchester United fans I had to endure in the pub too.

Thats exactly why I don't watch matches like that in the pub, I'd end up chinning some fucker.

<_<:razz:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done lads, another good defensive display. Taylor starting to look a player again.

Got to give credit to the youngsters apart from the Everton game Taylor, Ramage, Huntington, Edgar and even Solano have surely shown Roeder etc just how shite the likes of Bramble, Carr and Babayaro really are.

I know we keep making excuses before each match that its only lads playing at the back and not to expect to much, but I am far more confident in some of these lads than I am watching Carr and Bramble.

Quoted for truth.

On the tv coverage you could see after Edgar's goal, geordie boy Lee Clark grab Roeder's arm and stare the "told you he's fookin better than that waster Baba!"

And just for the record, the atmosphere at St James', especially after our second, was incredible <_<

They obviously turned up the levels for the tv broadcast.

Actually just before Milner passes the ball back to Edgar for his goal, you can hear his call for Milner to pass to him!

As for the school boy passing, there is an element of panic with the short game around the halfway line which lead inevitably to someone giving up possession. There doesn't seem to be a forward outlet so the team keeps trying to play triangles while standing static. Dyer playing up front off Martins or Butt with Emre (obviously when fit) gives the team more impetus, than either Dyer wide or Emre and Parker in the centre.

But all in all an awesome start to the New Year.

great quality stuff thanks... where d'you get those?!

Didnt know we're allowed to post those here, if so and people are interested, I could post clips of a lot of games.

With the side we put out today, fantastic result! And while our passing was shocking at times, the way the young lads took the game to them and played their hearts out was superb! Even Sibierski went for a few diving tackles, should have scored near the end of the first half though. We scored two great goals today, slightly lucky with the deflection in the Edgar goal but it was nothing compared to the one Scholes got on his second goal. I hate Scholes, but he's one hell of a player.

Full credit to Roeder, who had the lads have a go at them against all odds. And just for the record, the atmosphere at St James', especially after our second, was incredible <_<

Erm, not wanting to be a Gemmill racist here, but what qualifies you to make that opinion? Where do you sit again? I thought the atmosphere was pretty negative during most of the match, as usual. I've got to admit though, ManU fans are superb when they're winning, but utterly shit when they are drawing or losing (very rare, I know).

I suppose then, as Sam says, they must have turned up the mic volumes for the TV broadcast.

My 'analysis' is always relative though, I suppose they have the same volume level for all the league games they broadcast. So while it may not have been the greatest by itself, it was wayyyyy better then any other game in the premiership Ive witnessed for a while.

Can I have a pint of whatever you was drinking, aimaad, it must have been a lot stronger than mine to come out with a comment like that

I definitely think the deflection Scholes got was bigger, the ball went straight in the middle instead of the right corner and did Given. Edgar'shot moved a bit after hitting the Scholes, but didnt change course like that.

Both were lucky in the end though.

great quality stuff thanks... where d'you get those?!

Didnt know we're allowed to post those here, if so and people are interested, I could post clips of a lot of games.

With the side we put out today, fantastic result! And while our passing was shocking at times, the way the young lads took the game to them and played their hearts out was superb! Even Sibierski went for a few diving tackles, should have scored near the end of the first half though. We scored two great goals today, slightly lucky with the deflection in the Edgar goal but it was nothing compared to the one Scholes got on his second goal. I hate Scholes, but he's one hell of a player.

Full credit to Roeder, who had the lads have a go at them against all odds. And just for the record, the atmosphere at St James', especially after our second, was incredible <_<

Erm, not wanting to be a Gemmill racist here, but what qualifies you to make that opinion? Where do you sit again? I thought the atmosphere was pretty negative during most of the match, as usual. I've got to admit though, ManU fans are superb when they're winning, but utterly shit when they are drawing or losing (very rare, I know).

I suppose then, as Sam says, they must have turned up the mic volumes for the TV broadcast.

My 'analysis' is always relative though, I suppose they have the same volume level for all the league games they broadcast. So while it may not have been the greatest by itself, it was wayyyyy better then any other game in the premiership Ive witnessed for a while.

Can I have a pint of whatever you was drinking, aimaad, it must have been a lot stronger than mine to come out with a comment like that

I definitely think the deflection Scholes got was bigger, the ball went straight in the middle instead of the right corner and did Given. Edgar'shot moved a bit after hitting the Scholes, but didnt change course like that.

Both were lucky in the end though.

You didn't "witness" the match though, did you? If you wonder why people get pissed off reading to some of the shite you spout, take this post as an example. :razz:

Hmmmm, the weather was lovely in Islamabad today, I know because I read the forecast.

aimaad,

The deflection (if indeed there was one) on Scholes 2nd goal was so minute it didn't alter the course of the ball in any way, it went straight as a die through the legs of defenders. Edgar's had a massive deflection of Scholes, I was beginning to wonder if it would count as Scholes hat trick <_<

Regarding the atmosphere, it was described by the ManUtd supporters I met after as 'distinctly average from both sets of supporters'. One guy summed it up as 'a typical stupid o'clock kick off atmosphere'.

Regarding the atmosphere, it was described by the ManUtd supporters I met after as 'distinctly average from both sets of supporters'. One guy summed it up as 'a typical stupid o'clock kick off atmosphere'.

Aye, I think that would be a fair comment.

I'm pleased with the result but celebrating a draw against any team at home like a cup final is a bit depressing.

So depressing you said it twice. <_<

Guest Patrokles

I'm pleased with the result but celebrating a draw against any team at home like a cup final is a bit depressing.

No one's celebrating anything like a cup final. The fact is, expectations before the game, especially with the side we put out, were that we would get tanked, especially given the defensive issues we've had in the two previous games. We were playing the best team in the country, and the manner of the performance was encouraging. If you can't be happy about a good game of football in which we aquitted ourselves pretty well in considering, then what's the point of being a supporter? I think too many people subscribe to the whole martyr theory. 'WE'RE JUST REALISTS!' they scream as they flagellate themselves; 'DON'T GET TOO EXCITED BECAUSE WE'LL PROBABLY GET RELEGATED ANYWAY. And I'll enjoy it, because it proved me RIGHT.'

No one's celebrating anything like a cup final. The fact is, expectations before the game, especially with the side we put out, were that we would get tanked, especially given the defensive issues we've had in the two previous games. We were playing the best team in the country, and the manner of the performance was encouraging. If you can't be happy about a good game of football in which we aquitted ourselves pretty well in considering, then what's the point of being a supporter? I think too many people subscribe to the whole martyr theory. 'WE'RE JUST REALISTS!' they scream as they flagellate themselves; 'DON'T GET TOO EXCITED BECAUSE WE'LL PROBABLY GET RELEGATED ANYWAY. And I'll enjoy it, because it proved me RIGHT.'

All I mean is there was a time, only a few years ago, when we would go into the game with winning a distinct possibility. I'm just sad that times have changed, that's all. Obviously I'm still pleased with the result.

I know what Luke means like. I was pleased after the match, but it's only adds one point to our total where we might have expected none.

I'm also very pleased about the outcome and because of expecting the usual tonking it feels a bit like a win tbh. Still, I don't get overly excited as I don't think that the performance was that fantastic. It was a fantastic fight nothing more, nothing less. Rather a typical cup game where the underdog is fighting tooth and nails against the inevitable. And while the defence was doing very well I think that our more attacking minded players apart from Milner didn't have good games, probably mainly because their defensive commitments. IMHO the likes of Emre, Dyer, Sibierski and Martins made the job for the defenders even more difficult by the large amount of easily lost balls in the build up. Also the only real chance we created from open play (Sibierski's header) came from Nobby's brilliant set up.

"Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem"

IMHO the likes of Emre, Dyer, Sibierski and Martins made the job for the defenders even more difficult by the large amount of easily lost balls in the build up.

I would take a different view, Isegrim.

I think the constant harrying of Sibierski & Martins played a significant role in not allowing Man Utd to dominate from deep as they often do.

IMHO the likes of Emre, Dyer, Sibierski and Martins made the job for the defenders even more difficult by the large amount of easily lost balls in the build up.

I would take a different view, Isegrim.

I think the constant harrying of Sibierski & Martins played a significant role in not allowing Man Utd to dominate from deep as they often do.

I don't disagree. That's what I meant with their defensive commitments. But I'd rather liked to see a more positive approach to the game when we had possession.

I know what Luke means like. I was pleased after the match, but it's only adds one point to our total where we might have expected none.

I'm also very pleased about the outcome and because of expecting the usual tonking it feels a bit like a win tbh. Still, I don't get overly excited as I don't think that the performance was that fantastic. It was a fantastic fight nothing more, nothing less. Rather a typical cup game where the underdog is fighting tooth and nails against the inevitable. And while the defence was doing very well I think that our more attacking minded players apart from Milner didn't have good games, probably mainly because their defensive commitments. IMHO the likes of Emre, Dyer, Sibierski and Martins made the job for the defenders even more difficult by the large amount of easily lost balls in the build up. Also the only real chance we created from open play (Sibierski's header) came from Nobby's brilliant set up.

"Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem"

Couldn't agree more, and if memory serves it was one of these "lost balls" from Martins that led to Man Uniteds equaliser.

As an aside, Renton I think you're being a bit harsh on Aimaad.

Hmmmm, the weather was lovely in Islamabad today, I know because I read the forecast.

Reading a forecast is hardly the same as watching something on TV now is it.