Newcastle United V Manchester United

Scottish Mag

Well done lads, another good defensive display. Taylor starting to look a player again.

Got to give credit to the youngsters apart from the Everton game Taylor, Ramage, Huntington, Edgar and even Solano have surely shown Roeder etc just how shite the likes of Bramble, Carr and Babayaro really are.

I know we keep making excuses before each match that its only lads playing at the back and not to expect to much, but I am far more confident in some of these lads than I am watching Carr and Bramble.

Quoted for truth.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful considering the number of hideously obnoxious Manchester United fans I had to endure in the pub too.

Thats exactly why I don't watch matches like that in the pub, I'd end up chinning some fucker.

Wonderful considering the number of hideously obnoxious Manchester United fans I had to endure in the pub too.

Thats exactly why I don't watch matches like that in the pub, I'd end up chinning some fucker.

You'd be doing the world a service tbh.

Solano man of the match for mine. Completly blanketed Bitchy Little Whore Ronaldo.

With the side we put out today, fantastic result! And while our passing was shocking at times, the way the young lads took the game to them and played their hearts out was superb! Even Sibierski went for a few diving tackles, should have scored near the end of the first half though. We scored two great goals today, slightly lucky with the deflection in the Edgar goal but it was nothing compared to the one Scholes got on his second goal. I hate Scholes, but he's one hell of a player.

Full credit to Roeder, who had the lads have a go at them against all odds. And just for the record, the atmosphere at St James', especially after our second, was incredible <_<

Great result considering the kids we're putting out. That being said I echo the comments that others are making in that I have far more confidence in Taylor, Huntingdon & Edgar than I do in Bramble, Babyaro & Carr.

When the squad fitness improves we need to stick with these three - they've deserved their chance to develop further and we'll be better off as a result! <_<

Parker positioning was awful for both goals, both Solano and Dyer were surrounding Ronaldo for their second yet Parker still came from the middle of the pitch to try and get the ball, leaving Scholes in the middle all on his own.

Edgar and Huntington look good young players but both need to show more composure on the ball.

1 point more than I was expecting.

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson:

"We missed a stack of chances but we have to admire Newcastle's character, they deserved their point.

"We should have won the match but we did not play as well as we have been because they did not allow us to play. I have nothing but praise for them.

"It is a real challenge now for the championship but we are a serious contender and points will be dropped by both teams."

<_<

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson:

"We missed a stack of chances but we have to admire Newcastle's character, they deserved their point.

"We should have won the match but we did not play as well as we have been because they did not allow us to play. I have nothing but praise for them.

"It is a real challenge now for the championship but we are a serious contender and points will be dropped by both teams."

<_<

Nice words from Sir Alex,

he's normally bitter as...

Given 7.5 - Some great saves and good distribution today too!

Nobby 7 - We need him as our RB, gets beaten sometimes, but makes up for that with his passing out of defence and his great reading of the game.

Taylor - 7.5 Very good today against some awesome players.

Hunty 7 - Looks like a very promising defender, his inexperience shows at times but stick with him and who knows how good he'll be?

Edgar 9 - Filled in out of position at LB, defended well and scored against man u and all this on his home debut!!

Dyer 8 - Not as good as he can be going forward today but tracked back a hell of alot and played well (tired late on).

Parker 6.5 - didn't really stand out today at all.

Emre 7 - Some good moves came through him and his brilliant ability to hold the ball up did well for us!

Milner 8.5 - Awesome goal capped an energetic display got the better of Neville who was lucky not to get two yellows.

Le Sib - gutted when he didn't score a free header from 6 yards but he played very well otherwise, very involved!

Martins 6.5 - he had no service really and as a result didn't do as much as we know he can.

With the side we put out today, fantastic result! And while our passing was shocking at times, the way the young lads took the game to them and played their hearts out was superb! Even Sibierski went for a few diving tackles, should have scored near the end of the first half though. We scored two great goals today, slightly lucky with the deflection in the Edgar goal but it was nothing compared to the one Scholes got on his second goal. I hate Scholes, but he's one hell of a player.

Full credit to Roeder, who had the lads have a go at them against all odds. And just for the record, the atmosphere at St James', especially after our second, was incredible <_<

Erm, not wanting to be a Gemmill racist here, but what qualifies you to make that opinion? Where do you sit again? I thought the atmosphere was pretty negative during most of the match, as usual. I've got to admit though, ManU fans are superb when they're winning, but utterly shit when they are drawing or losing (very rare, I know).

Erm, not wanting to be a Gemmill racist here, but what qualifies you to make that opinion? Where do you sit again? I thought the atmosphere was pretty negative during most of the match, as usual. I've got to admit though, ManU fans are superb when they're winning, but utterly shit when they are drawing or losing (very rare, I know).

2-2 these days is like beating them a few years ago tbh..

Yeah the atmosphere was up and down. Man U fans were canny at the start. but when we scored they were silent until they levelled and after we got our second I barely heard a squeek. We went that much better. For a while after we scored and so on. fairly avarage Id say.

Though the point is a good point, and milners goal looked a cracker, I thought we actually stood off them too much and Dyer seemed to be pulled into the centre leaving us little down the right. I also thought we gave the ball away too cheaply too often.

Well done the back four though, have to get a mention for doing as well as they did. Both goals Id put down to as I said, not closing down and giving too much time on the ball.

Can I have a pint of whatever you was drinking, aimaad, it must have been a lot stronger than mine to come out with a comment like that :razz:

I enjoyed the game, fair do's to Newcastle they had a go unlike in previous encounters and it made for a good entertaining game. Very impressed with Edgar (and that's nothing to do with the goal) I thought he defended solidly and looks a good prospect. Given made some excellent stops as per usual and I thought Milner, Sibierski & Martins all had decent games. Negatives for you were Parker who seems to be going backwards and much as I like Nobby he doesn't look a full back. Ronaldo was getting the ball wide left without Nobby being within 20 yards of him at times and better control from Ronaldo could have cost you more then just the 2nd goal.

For Man Utd, it's no coincidence that they are back up at the top now Scholes is back, he was a big miss last season and outstanding again today. Ronaldo had a mediocre game with his usually good close control letting him down but still looked the most threatening of the forwards. As for Rooney, he's having a diabolical season and it looks like missing the pre-season has set him back big style, he just doesn't look sharp at all. Least said about Park & Fletcher the better, neither are good enough to be even squad players.

All in all a fair result I think.