Sunday paper round up

Jimbo

None of those get my trousers tenting to be fair.

Beattie (as has been discussed) is a one season wonder, there are better players out there, with a better attitude and a hunger to improve. I'd rather take Nugent, or play a counter-attacking/passing game for the pacey Martins, Dyer and Owen?

£6m is massivley over-pricing a guy who simply isn't good enough for us.

Do we really want Everton's cast offs? They're not selling him because he's attracting big money, they're selling him because he's not good enough for them.

I'd prefer Crouch to Beattie iih, but they're both over-priced... so I'd rather we either stuck it out til the summer and tried to sign Nugent, or increase the amount we're willing to spend on a striker.

Sort out the defense during Xmas, maybe get a striker on loan, then in the summer go for a more expensive (but better quality) striker.

Sounds exactly like the reasons they flogged Gary Speed to us! <_<

They flogged Speed to us because he handed in a written transfer request after Everton turned down 2 or 3 bids.

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Watford will make a £3.5m swoop for Fulham forward Collins John. (News of the World)

Looks to be on the cards today,an unknown premiership club has had a bid accepted for him