Decent bar in town to watch the Man Utd match?

FCUM

Got a lot of mates coming up for New Years day so I'm on the piss in the toon before and after the match.

Any decent recommendations for watching the game when they slope off to the match? Was thinking of just going in the labour club but open to suggestions?

Cheers

Sam jacks is pretty good before the match like obvioulsy it will empty a bit when the match is or alternativley there's a few pubs in the gate which is near sam jacks, but further up the road there is the goose near eldon sqaure/gardens thats a canny boozer

Sam jacks is pretty good before the match like obvioulsy it will empty a bit when the match is or alternativley there's a few pubs in the gate which is near sam jacks, but further up the road there is the goose near eldon sqaure/gardens thats a canny boozer

Maybe not seen as it's actually on Sky as well.

Not a big fan of the goose and being a tight arsed manc don't like the prices much in the gate.........

Looks like the labour club then <_<

theres always a little bar called Shearers or summit, not quite certain where it is but its supposed to be pretty close to the ground like.

Seeing as you stated you'd never support Man Utd again FCUM, can we deduce that you'll be following the team in black and white? :razz:

Erm, how can I put this Craig..................

............ No, better not :D

I won't 'support' the club anymore (support in my definition being taking an active participation in going to games as opposed to being a 'fan') but it doesn't stop me wanting to see them do well. You can't erase 40 years just like that.

I don't miss going to Old Trafford one little bit, I'm enjoying supporting FC United far more than I can ever remember following Man Utd but being honest I do desperately miss the away games amongst the 'real' supporters. Tomorrow will be extra hard as it's always a game I looked forward to.

Maybe I'm being pig headed, I could get a ticket in Man Utd end no bother and I've had plenty of offers of tickets from my Mag supporting mates but it just wouldn't feel right. As I say, I'm probably being stupid & pigheaded <_< but I'll sit in the bar being that most despised of people...... an 'armchair' fan :puke:

Seeing as you stated you'd never support Man Utd again FCUM, can we deduce that you'll be following the team in black and white? :razz:

I won't 'support' the club anymore (support in my definition being taking an active participation in going to games as opposed to being a 'fan') but it doesn't stop me wanting to see them do well. You can't erase 40 years just like that.

I don't miss going to Old Trafford one little bit, I'm enjoying supporting FC United far more than I can ever remember following Man Utd but being honest I do desperately miss the away games amongst the 'real' supporters. Tomorrow will be extra hard as it's always a game I looked forward to.

Maybe I'm being pig headed, I could get a ticket in Man Utd end no bother and I've had plenty of offers of tickets from my Mag supporting mates but it just wouldn't feel right. As I say, I'm probably being stupid & pigheaded <_< but I'll sit in the bar being that most despised of people...... an 'armchair' fan :puke:

You could just admit you were wrong? Or do you still have a problem with the club owners? It seems much of the predicted disastrous results have failed to materialise.

You could just admit you were wrong? Or do you still have a problem with the club owners? It seems much of the predicted disastrous results have failed to materialise.

It's not a case of admitting I'm wrong, I don't feel I am, as I said I'm enjoying following FC United far more than I did following Man Utd. It's not that I have a problem with the owners per se (although I'd obviously prefer it not to be yank owned), when your club is listed you don't have a choice of owner. My main problem is with somebody buying the club for nowt, ie borrowing the money to buy the club and then passing that personal debt onto the club for the supporters to repay. As somebody who took an active part in the 'not for sale' campaign, I'm sticking to my guns and remaining 'not for sale'. I don't expect others to understand that but that's the way I feel.

I don't think you're pig headed at all - I admire the fact that you've stood by your morals when it's pretty obvious that a lot who claimed they were never going back did so very early on...

It's not a case of admitting I'm wrong, I don't feel I am, as I said I'm enjoying following FC United far more than I did following Man Utd. It's not that I have a problem with the owners per se (although I'd obviously prefer it not to be yank owned), when your club is listed you don't have a choice of owner. My main problem is with somebody buying the club for nowt, ie borrowing the money to buy the club and then passing that personal debt onto the club for the supporters to repay. As somebody who took an active part in the 'not for sale' campaign, I'm sticking to my guns and remaining 'not for sale'. I don't expect others to understand that but that's the way I feel.

I understood the sentiment and applauded the way in which you lot handled yourself during it but personally I could never stop supporting the club fully, once the takeover went through it would have been a case of "oh well, lets just hope Im wrong"

Will be interesting to see if you can hold that thought and go watch FCUM on a wet Wednesday night when ManUre are playing a Champions League semi at home.

Will be interesting to see if you can hold that thought and go watch FCUM on a wet Wednesday night when ManUre are playing a Champions League semi at home

Not as difficult as you think mate. Would I rather be pissed with my mates, standing up and singing for 90 minutes or be sat in the morgue Old Trafford has become with some old biddy and her grandkids from Surrey telling me to mind my language and don't stand on her megastore bag <_< As I say, I do miss the aways but not the homes.

I understood the sentiment and applauded the way in which you lot handled yourself during it but personally I could never stop supporting the club fully, once the takeover went through it would have been a case of "oh well, lets just hope Im wrong"

Which is exactly why forming FC has been my lifesaver, I've still got the outlet. If we hadn't got that off the ground and then I'd probably have done just as you suggest. I couldn't live without my football fix and you can't just switch allegiance elsewhere. I know it sounds like I've done just that but to me FC was born out of Man Utd and doesn't feel that way.