Newcastle set to make loan bid for Chelsea star

Scottish Mag

He was class up here for Citeh when they played him through the middle in the 4-3 match. Not seen him play it too often though.

he was. He was brilliant. I don't know why his managers haven't played him there more often, he has everything you need to play this position.

England international :calmdown:

Fuck me, Leazes will love this one, regardless of whether or not we need a right winger.

An England international, or a non England international ?

So which would YOU choose :blink:

Fantastic logic and common sense on here as always

As long as we get the other players we need, I'd take the England International. However, I know for a fact that you'd be happy with just him, purely on the knowledge that he played for England once.

Third season in a row we've claimed to be trying to sign him though, so we're obviously doing a great job convincing him.

England international right winger, or a non England international full back?

Fuck me, Leazes will love this one, regardless of whether or not we need a right winger.

So which would YOU choose :D

As long as we get the other players we need, I'd take the England International. However, I know for a fact that you'd be happy with just him, purely on the knowledge that he played for England once.

Third season in a row we've claimed to be trying to sign him though, so we're obviously doing a great job convincing him.

hohoho ..... :blink: Gol, if you understood what it is like for Newcastle United to sell locally born England players who want to leave the club because the club is shite from top to bottom you would understand the relevance of comments I make regarding the signing of England players, despite me attempting to explain these things. I don't want him BECAUSE he's an England player, but because he's a QUALITY player. It's all in the terminology mate. The same thing applies to the phrase "trophy" player, its bollocks and just a cliche. You either want quality or you don't. Newcastle United SHOULD be buying these quality players. I don't think anybody will pay Chelsea anywhere near what they paid for Wright Phillips, so somebody somewhere is going to have to take him on loan unless they drop their price drastically. So if he comes here, its a good signing and a bit of a coup I would say. Better still if we manage to negotiate a cut price deal at the end of a loan period.

I would take him on loan before any full back, and see how he plays as an out and out forward because this is our absolute number 1 priority. Before criticising anybody for "lack of planning" on the basis the club may sign different players to what YOU would do, remember that Milner really isn't good enough or lacks pace and there are better players around in spite of his excellent attitude, Zoggy is still young and may be swayed into joining his fellow Frenchmen at Arsenal if Wenger unsettles him, Solano is the wrong side of 30, and if Duff doesn't produce the form he showed at Blackburn, we would be needing another wide man. It's planning ahead and getting the quality while it is available.

BTW....Happy Xmas.

Edited by LeazesMag

So which would YOU choose :D

hohoho ..... :blink: Gol, if you understood what it is like for Newcastle United to sell locally born England players who want to leave the club because the club is shite from top to bottom you would understand the relevance of comments I make regarding the signing of England players, despite me attempting to explain these things. I don't want him BECAUSE he's an England player, but because he's a QUALITY player. It's all in the terminology mate. The same thing applies to the phrase "trophy" player, its bollocks and just a cliche. You either want quality or you don't. Newcastle United SHOULD be buying these quality players. I don't think anybody will pay Chelsea anywhere near what they paid for Wright Phillips, so somebody somewhere is going to have to take him on loan unless they drop their price drastically. So if he comes here, its a good signing and a bit of a coup I would say. Better still if we manage to negotiate a cut price deal at the end of a loan period.

I would take him on loan before any full back, and see how he plays as an out and out forward because this is our absolute number 1 priority.

BTW....Happy Xmas.

:D Merry Christmas mate, get some beers down ya :icon_lol:

So which would YOU choose :icon_lol:

I would take him on loan before any full back, and see how he plays as an out and out forward because this is our absolute number 1 priority.

BTW....Happy Xmas.

:D Merry Christmas mate, get some beers down ya :icon_lol:

i edited the last post.....I'll be having a few later, dizzy with watching TV today ...... thank fuck emmerdale and corrie are on .... :D