Souness: I Love Shepherd

nufc4ever

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...~705530,00.html

0,,10278~2730975,00.jpg

GRAEME Souness welcomed latest signing Albert Luque to St. James' Park on Friday, then thanked his chairman for the backing he has been given in the transfer market.

Luque arrived from Deportivo La Coruna in a big-money switch, joining fellow summer signings Scott Parker and Emre in Souness' squad.

Souness was also given the cash when he asked to sign Jean Alain Boumsong from Rangers back in January, while Celestine Babayaro, Craig Moore and Lee Clark have also been brought in during the Scotsman's time at the club.

He told Newcastle World TV: "As a manager you want to be supported by the chairman, and he has certainly done that both by putting money up for transfers.

"He has also backed me in other issues, the ones that got us on the front pages of the newspapers. They were issues that shouldn't have been issues at this football club, but he backed me on them.

"I find it hard to understand the criticism he gets.

"As a manager you want your chairman to spend money, and he has certainly done that with me."

Souness was delighted to bring in Luque after a frustrating time in the transfer market, and as he revealed on nufc.co.uk on Friday morning, he hopes the Spaniard will not be the last arrival before the transfer window closes.

And if he can land the players he wants, the manager is certain that successful times are not too far away.

"If we can get this right here then this could be the best job in British football, or even European football," added Souness, pictured above with his four major signings.

"If you are a player playing here when it happens then is going to be the place to play your football.

"The reason I can say that is because the Manchester Uniteds, Liverpools, Chelsea more recently, and Arsenal have all won things.

"It will be a special thing if we could win something for these supporters."

B)

Edited by nufc4ever

Bit rich to include Boumsong (big money signing, popular) when he wasn't even signed this summer.

19759[/snapback]

hes bigger than greame, so if he wants his pic taken so be it B)

Bit rich to include Boumsong (big money signing, popular) when he wasn't even signed this summer.

19759[/snapback]

hes bigger than greame, so if he wants his pic taken so be it B)

19763[/snapback]

Needed to have the REAL captain there :D

"The reason I can say that is because the Manchester Uniteds, Liverpools, Chelsea more recently, and Arsenal have all won things."

Is it just me who gets pissed off when people say this?

"Well that's no good against your Shearer's and your Henry's..." etc. There is only one Shearer, one Henry, one Manchester United, one Liverpool. Just fucking stop it.

Is that souness in a 20 million quid group hug?

19748[/snapback]

8m + 6m + 4.5m + 9.5m

19793[/snapback]

Ah, but you forgot the Souness factor!

Souness(Boum+Emre+Parker+Luque)=20m