Blackburn (A)

Matty

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Fish not just saying that if the ball was passed "back" to Taylor, then he couldn't have been offside, because he was behind the ball?

<_< Loving the art work from our resident graphic designer btw. :)

Edited by ObaGol

The ball has to be played forward to be offside and as Fish says it was played horizontal if not backwards. So despite Taylor being in what would have been an offside position if the ball was played forward, he was onside because it wasn't.

Simple!

The ball has to be played forward to be offside and as Fish says it was played horizontal if not backwards. So despite Taylor being in what would have been an offside position if the ball was played forward, he was onside because it wasn't.

Simple!

:):):blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

Don't know where to begin here...

okay here we go...

The ball has to be played forward to be offside and as Fish says it was played horizontal if not backwards.

WRONG! please don't propagate this lie <_< (see diagram posted earlier as a perfect example)

So despite Taylor being in what would have been an offside position if the ball was played forward, he was onside because it wasn't. Simple!

Taylor wasn't offside anyway! not because of the direction of the pass but because:

a: He was simply onside from Zoggy's pass:

taylnotoffay7.jpg

b: Zoggy's ball doesn't even go straight to Taylor anyway, comes off Martins and a Blackburn player before it gets to him...

Simple!

okay here we go...

The ball has to be played forward to be offside and as Fish says it was played horizontal if not backwards.

WRONG! please don't propagate this lie <_< (see diagram posted earlier as a perfect example)

So despite Taylor being in what would have been an offside position if the ball was played forward, he was onside because it wasn't. Simple!

Taylor wasn't offside anyway! not because of the direction of the pass but because:

taylnotoffay7.jpg

b: Zoggy's ball doesn't even go straight to Taylor anyway, comes off Martins and a Blackburn player before it gets to him...

I'm willing to go with you on the forward ball thing because they are changing the rules so often these days (although it always used to have to be a forward pass).

But in what way is he not in an offside position? Which players are keeping him onside?

Edited by David Kelly

Simple!

okay here we go...

taylnotoffay7.jpg

Player can't be offside if he's behind or level with the player who passes him the ball. Where's the debate?

Your line isn't straight either ;)

How is he onside from that pass without applying the "behind or level" rule by the way? There is only one Blackburn player between him and the goal. I don't understand which point you're actually siding with :P

Player can't be offside if he's behind or level with the player who passes him the ball. Where's the debate?

Your line isn't straight either :)

How is he onside from that pass without applying the "behind or level" rule by the way? There is only one Blackburn player between him and the goal. I don't understand which point you're actually siding with :blink:

<_< my inital question was where is Taylor supposedly offside from? (it was a real question although may have sounded sarcastic) as I didn't know which way the media/Bburn were trying to claim it was it... and whichever way I looked at it he wasn't offside from that Zoggy pass.

And the line is straight enough to consider perspective issues. :blink: Taylor is onside as his full body is half level half behind the ball as it's being played. Onside.

I'm willing to go with you on the forward ball thing because they are changing the rules so often these days (although it always used to have to be a forward pass).

But in what way is he not in an offside position? Which players are keeping him onside?

Sorry to keep at it, but the forward pass thing was never an issue, it's about position of players. Anyway no other player is keeping Taylor onside, he simply is onside by being behind/level with the ball when it's played.

Think I'd almost consider myself an expert when it comes to offside as I played for 12 years as a centre back, and used to some give teammates earfuls when they'd constantly fuck up the trap :)