Films on TV

Happy Face

I can't really comment on a lot of what's on, but there's loads I want to see.

SATURDAY 6TH OCTOBER

THE KING AND I 4.10pm ITV3

Just started. Lavish musical. I've not seen it, but want to. I'll wait till a time when I can catch the start.

WHERE EAGLES DARE 5.10pm five

Boys film. No women allowed to watch. I'm led to believe.

PASSPORT TO PIMLICO 7.40pm BBC4

Ealing comedy I've not seen. If it's half as good as the man in the White Suit, The Ladykillers, Kind Hearts and Coronets etc. then it'll be class.

FLASH GORDON 7.45pm ITV4

Saviour of the universe. I've never seen it, but it looks as camp as a nine bob note.

SLEEPY HOLLOW 9.05pm Channel 4

I don't love it, but lots of people do, and it's far preferable to...

THE MUMMY 9.45pm ITV2

Horse shit.

CRASH 11pm Five US

The David Cronenberg one. I've not seen this one either but I don't think I've seen a bad Cronenberg film.

DEATHWATCH 11.05pm Channel 4

Shitty British horror, not to be watched or confused with...

NIGHT WATCH 11.25pm Film4

Russian horror that iirc is the highest grossing in the countrys history. Like a darker Matrix I seem to remember being told too...but again, I've not seen it.

THIEF 1.35am Film4

Highly regarded early Michael Mann (Manunter) film with James Caan. Another one I've yet to see.

SUNDAY 7TH OCTOBER

HENRY V 4.25pm Film4

Laurence Olivier stars and directs in what's supposed to be the peak of his on film work. I dunno, I've not seen it.

FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE 6.25pm five

You should be getting in from the match around now, so stick this on and enjoy. Absoloute gem.

ALIEN 10.50pm Channel 4

MONDAY 8TH OCTOBER

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 10pm ITV2

The first and the best in the series, Brian De Palma directs.

LITTLE RED FLOWERS 11.40pm Film4

The film 4 website says

"Set in Beijing in the mid-1950s, Zhang Yuan's Little Red Flowers tells the story of a rebellious four-year old boy who runs riot at his kindergarten boarding school. Based on the 1999 semi-autobiographical novel 'Could Be Beautiful' by Wang Shuo, time and place are not specified, though there is enough evidence to suggest the film is set in the mid-1950s during the early years of Communist China. Of course, the film can be read as an allegory for the regimented nature of Chinese society as a whole - a system seemingly designed to quash individuality - though neither Zhang nor his source author are foolish enough to overstate this.

But Little Red Flowers is much more than a veiled criticism of Chinese society. Wherever you're from, you'll recognise the patterns of human behaviour that go on in the school - the bullying, the cliques, the isolating of individuals and so on. (Qiang is even told "you are the evilest of them all.") As Zhang suggests, this not only happens in the so-called best years of our lives but throughout adulthood. So it's not hard to argue that, despite the predominantly young cast, this is not a film for children, but one for adults about children.

Led by the charming young Dong Bowen, the most impressive aspect of the film is the most obvious: the remarkably naturalistic performances that Zhang elicits from his youthful cast, who obey him in a way the teachers at the school can only dream of. They carry with ease a work that, although leisurely paced, never feels tedious. It's a film that's as exuberant and quirky as its lead character.

From its beguiling performances to its careful construction, Little Red Flowers is an impressive package well marshaled by Zhang Yuan. A subtle piece as delicate as the plants of the title, it's both accessible and thought provoking."

Sounds like something.

TUESDAY 9TH OCTOBER

BUFFALO '66 9pm Five Life

Vincent Gallo film I keep missing. Always mean to catch it.

KICKBOXER 9pm Five US

Van Damme's finest hour. Except maybe for Bloodsport.

THE THIN RED LINE 10pm ITV4

Terrence Malick made a couple of masterpieces then didn't make anything for 20 years. When he returned with this, the weight of expectation was too huge for anyone to live up to. This is a brilliant film though.

Edited by Happy Face

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You call yourself a film buff but havent seen Flash Gordon ??????

Classic movie, cheesey as fuck though, Brian Blessed steals the show in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

FRIDAY 2ND NOVEMBER

BLAZING SADDLES 10.30pm ITV4

"I extend a 'laurel...and hardy' hand shake, to you, our new....nigger!" Is quite possibly the funniest line ever written. If you know a better one what is it?

SEXY BEAST 11.25pm Film4

Not a great film but a great performance by Ghandi. Well worth watching for him alone.

SATURDAY 3RD NOVEMBER

THE SEVEN YEAR ITCH 12.45pm BBC2

THE PRIVATE LIFE OF HENRY VIII 1pm Film4

SUNDAY 4TH NOVEMBER

STAR WARS - EPISODE V: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 4.25pm ITV1

He's his dad!! :lol:

MONDAY 5TH NOVEMBER

JACKASS: THE MOVIE 10.35pm Film4

Butterbean :lol:

THE THIN RED LINE 11.05pm ITV1

lyrical.

SOPHIE SCHOLL: THE FINAL DAYS 12.30am Channel 4

Any German film about their sordid war past has to be worth a watch.

REPULSION 1.15am ITV4

Roman Polanski horror.

TUESDAY 6TH NOVEMBER

A CLOCKWORK ORANGE 10pm ITV4

I think it's poor, but I'm in the minority.

THURSDAY 8TH NOVEMBER

DAYS OF HEAVEN 1pm Film4

Early Terrence Malick.

SCUM 10pm ITV4

"I'm the fackin' Daddy"

FRIDAY 9TH NOVEMBER

DR STRANGELOVE 9pm ITV3

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room.

A CLOCKWORK ORANGE 10pm ITV4

I think it's poor, but I'm in the minority.

I agree,you've gotta be twisted to enjoy that one.

I didn't think much of ACO either but Kubrick's films have grown on me a lot recently (especially 2001 & The Shining) so I might need to reevaluate it.

• 4 weeks later...

SUNDAY 2ND DECEMBER

BACK TO THE FUTURE 2.25pm ITV2

Do they just put this on every week now? If not they should.

STAR WARS - EPISODE I: THE PHANTOM MENACE 4.15pm ITV1

Oh dear. Midichlorians?

PRIZZI'S HONOR 9pm ITV3

John Huston directs Jack Nicholson? This has to be any good.

CHOPPER 12.20am BBC2

There's a new film out called The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford which some people are touting as film of the year and a bit of a classic existential western. I've not seen it, but Andrew Dominik directed it and he did a damn fine job of Chopper, his debut. Worth being late for work on Monday for.

MONDAY 3RD DECEMBER

THE DESCENT 10pm Channel 4

You might like it, you might not. I thought there was some canny shite acting going on, but the scares were brilliant and the sense of claustrophobia intense.

GOODFELLAS 10pm five

Can you imagine making this film...and it only being the 3rd best film you'd done? Quite astonishing when you think about it.

MIDNIGHT COWBOY 1am Channel 4

err you dirty rotter.

FRIDAY 7TH DECEMBER

GHOSTBUSTERS 7pm Film4

I don't think I've rewatched this since it was out in the 80's :birthday:

MILLER'S CROSSING 11.10pm Film4

The most underrated gangster film out there. The Coen brothers are a pair of geniuses.

SULLIVAN'S TRAVELS 1.20am Film4

And they owe it all to Preston Sturges. What a double bill.

SUNDAY 2ND DECEMBER

Oh dear. Midichlorians?

PRIZZI'S HONOR 9pm ITV3

CHOPPER 12.20am BBC2

There's a new film out called The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford which some people are touting as film of the year and a bit of a classic existential western. I've not seen it, but Andrew Dominik directed it and he did a damn fine job of Chopper, his debut. Worth being late for work on Monday for.

MONDAY 3RD DECEMBER

You might like it, you might not. I thought there was some canny shite acting going on, but the scares were brilliant and the sense of claustrophobia intense.

GOODFELLAS 10pm five

Can you imagine making this film...and it only being the 3rd best film you'd done? Quite astonishing when you think about it.

err you dirty rotter.

FRIDAY 7TH DECEMBER

GHOSTBUSTERS 7pm Film4

The most underrated gangster film out there. The Coen brothers are a pair of geniuses.

Totally agree and I would add that this is my favourite Coen film.

Tuesday to Thursday's looking a bit thin.

SUNDAY 2ND DECEMBER

Oh dear. Midichlorians?

PRIZZI'S HONOR 9pm ITV3

CHOPPER 12.20am BBC2

MONDAY 3RD DECEMBER

GOODFELLAS 10pm five

err you dirty rotter.

FRIDAY 7TH DECEMBER

GHOSTBUSTERS 7pm Film4

I'm a fan of the Coens and I really didn't like it.

SUNDAY 2ND DECEMBER

Oh dear. Midichlorians?

PRIZZI'S HONOR 9pm ITV3

CHOPPER 12.20am BBC2

MONDAY 3RD DECEMBER

GOODFELLAS 10pm five

err you dirty rotter.

FRIDAY 7TH DECEMBER

GHOSTBUSTERS 7pm Film4

I don't think I've rewatched this since it was out in the 80's B)

The you deserve the high hat!

:birthday:

SUNDAY 2ND DECEMBER

Oh dear. Midichlorians?

PRIZZI'S HONOR 9pm ITV3

CHOPPER 12.20am BBC2

MONDAY 3RD DECEMBER

GOODFELLAS 10pm five

err you dirty rotter.

FRIDAY 7TH DECEMBER

GHOSTBUSTERS 7pm Film4

It just isn't very good IMO.

Which two Scorcese films do you think are better than Goodfellas btw?

SUNDAY 2ND DECEMBER

Oh dear. Midichlorians?

PRIZZI'S HONOR 9pm ITV3

CHOPPER 12.20am BBC2

MONDAY 3RD DECEMBER

GOODFELLAS 10pm five

err you dirty rotter.

FRIDAY 7TH DECEMBER

GHOSTBUSTERS 7pm Film4

It just isn't very good IMO.

Which two Scorcese films do you think are better than Goodfellas btw?

Raging Bull and Taxi Driver.

SUNDAY 9TH DECEMBER

STAR WARS – EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES 4.10pm ITV1

Worth watching for Yoda kicking arse.

BONNIE AND CLYDE 9pm ITV3

A landmark. One of the most important films of the 60's. It ushered in the best decade in film.

MONDAY 10TH DECEMBER

THE STORY OF THE WEEPING CAMEL 12.55am Channel 4

Critically acclaimed mongolian film about a tribes attempts to reunite a camel with the mother that rejected it.

BREAKING THE WAVES 12.55am Film4

Hilariuous Lars Von Trier film about a womans sick relatrionship with god.

TUESDAY 11TH DECEMBER

21 GRAMS 9pm Film4

Alejandro González Iñárritu gets further up his own arse with every film he makes, but this was only his second feature, so it's far better than the the lamentable Babel, while not reaching the genius of Amores Perros.

PATHS OF GLORY 1.15am ITV4

First of 2 early Kubrick films being shown on ITV4 this week. This WW1 courtroom drama looks at a case of cowardice against men selected at random from an entire batallion who were unable to advance as instructed. Of course the men face up to this honourably while the weasily generals are shown to be the true cowards. Some seminal moments, such as the long tracking shot through the trenches and the scene with soldiers enjoying a German song that bookend the film.

WEDNESDAY 12TH DECEMBER

THE KILLING 1am ITV4

The second Kubrick film to be shown is his first theatrical release. While it isn't quite up there with POG, it's a classic heist film. Told out of chronology long before Tarantino made it fashionable again, it's well worth a watch.

THURSDAY 13TH DECEMBER

THE BOURNE SUPREMACY 9pm ITV2

Shits on Bond.

SPIDER-MAN 2 9pm Five US

Shits on Batman.

JU-ON: THE GRUDGE 1.10am Channel 4

Shits in my pants.

At the start of the Bourne Supremacy you see him running along a beach in India - Palolem, Goa. I stayed there for a week this summer. Absolutely fantastic, white sand beach, blazing sun and a bar that was open 24 hours a day. Paradise.

n197805099_37014302_8309.jpg

n197805099_37014304_8983.jpg

A bumper christmas fortnight edition :nufc:

I shall highlight the festive flicks so people can beeline to them and get in the mood. :icon_lol:

FRIDAY 14TH DECEMBER

RUN LOLA RUN 11.55pm Film4+1

I think this one was built up a bit too much for me. 171st best film ever according to IMDB, but even with a very short running time I was very bored very quickly. If you're going to tell alternate versions of the same story, that's fine, but here the differences are tiny. The end results might be vastly different, but the 15 minute build up is nigh on identical every time and ninety percent consists of Lola running. So when they start telling the story for the third time I really didn't want to see what would happen this time. Huge liberties are taken with the concept where attention is drawn to the precision with which events occur, but then if you're going to do that, you shouldn't then completely ignore the timing in the final version of events simply to wrap it up neatly.

I didn't like anyone in the film at all, Lola is as close as you get to someone worth rooting for, but she's going out with a drug dealing tit of a man so stupid that he leaves 100,000 marks on a train, such a pussy that he rings his girlfriend to bitch and cry about it, and so inadequate he needs her to bail him out. Because he asks her to jump and she says "how high" I actually would have preferred the film to end on the downer after the first telling of the story, just so she learned a lesson.

There is a lot of energy in the direction, but in a showy Guy Ritchie sort of way that might have felt fresh in the 90's but now smells of trying too hard.

It's quite popular though, so don't listen to me.

SATURDAY 15TH DECEMBER

THE ROBE 12 noon BBC2

Biblical epic that I've not seen, but if it's raining out you can't go wrong with a lazy afternoon with a Richard Burton film...

THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD 2pm five

....unless you haven't seen this. Errol Fynn classic. The original thrill a minute action film. I'm still amazed at the bit where he cuts the rope on the gate and flies to the top turret. Awesome. If you enjoyed Prince of Thieves, give this a whirl, the original and the best.

GREMLINS 5.45pm five

The christmas films start with one of the best.

20 years before Al Gore got a bee in his bonnet Chris Columbus wrote this cautionary tale of mans contempt for nature. Like Nostradamus he predicted that our inability to harness nature with any level of responsibility would spell disaster. And here we are now, floods and fatal temparatures wiping out the planet, much like cute little Mogwai, a natural phenomenon turned rampant by human meddling.

THE AGE OF INNOCENCE 8pm Five Life

A Scorsese film I haven't seen. But everybody loves Marty.

THE CHORUS 10pm BBC4

Or Les Choristes. Oscar nominated as best foreign film in 2004. About a music teacher that turns up at a strioct school and endeavours to inspire the kids.

SUNDAY 16TH DECEMBER

BACK TO THE FUTURE PART III 1.55pm ITV2

Western references abound in this just as fun as the first 2 sequel. A classic trilogy.

CLOSER 9pm five

I've not seen this since it came out but I thoroughly enjoyed it. From the director of The Graduate. Matilda out of Leon plays a ripper.

MONDAY 17TH DECEMBER

PAN’S LABYRINTH 9pm Film4

6 times Oscar nominated, 3 times Oscar winner. It's canny good.

O BROTHER, WHERE ART THOU? 10pm Channel 4

A cut above. Superb comedy very loosely based on Homer's "The Odyssey".

MOOLAADE 1.25am Film4

African film about female genital mutilation which is an ancient tradition over there. Sounds a bit of a slog, but it's actually full of good humour along with it's message. Recommended.

TUESDAY 18TH DECEMBER

CITY OF GOD 9pm Film4

If you still haven't seen this you really are behind the times. For those that say they don't like foreign/subtitled films, this will change your mind.

WEDNESDAY 19TH DECEMBER

GREAT EXPECTATIONS 1.15pm Channel 4

David Lean's interpretation of Dickens' classic

SULLIVAN’S TRAVELS 4.55pm Film4

Preston Sturges Directs Veronica Lake's first screen lead role.

DIE HARD 9pm ITV2

Nice bit of Christmas action.

24 HOUR PARTY PEOPLE 11.25pm Film4

Coogan and Kay. Have good fun with the story of Factory records.

THURSDAY 20TH DECEMBER

RETURN TO OZ 10.45am BBC2

Christ it's scary

DIE HARD 2: DIE HARDER 9pm ITV2

Bit more christmas action.

FETISHES 11pm More4

Nick Broomfield documentaries are always worth a watch. This one looks at the fetish clubs of New York. Should be a canny bit of skin.

TOOTSIE 11.25pm BBC1

Comedy classic. Not just a man in a dress dross like Mrs Doubtfire.

BREAKING THE WAVES 12.50am Film4

Hilariuous Lars Von Trier film about a womans sick relatrionship with god.

FRIDAY 21ST DECEMBER

Y TU MAMA TAMBIEN 11.10pm Film4

Mexican film about two young men that take a middle aged woman for a road trip with saucy shenanigans on there mind. Takes the Top Gun subtext to another level.

HAWK THE SLAYER 12.55am BBC2

I loved this film when I was little. I don't know if kids these days enjoy the old films. Do they pick up on the ancient effects and belittle it or do they get as enthralled as I was when I saw this. Either way, it's a classic for grown up kids to remember.

SATURDAY 22ND DECEMBER

BRIEF ENCOUNTER 1pm Film4

Typically British love story of great restrained and clipped English.

JOYEUX NOEL 1.35pm BBC2

2005 oscar nominated story of the Christmas Eve truce that saw German and Allied soldiers join in a game of football in WW1 no mans land.

CHRISTMAS CAROL: THE MOVIE 4.35pm Channel 4

A cheap animated version, but it'll keep the kids entertained.

PETER PAN 5.20pm ITV1

2003 version viewed by many as the best film version of the famous story.

SUNDAY 23RD DECEMBER

WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT 10.15am BBC1

First film I saw at the piuctures so I love it. Not sure it's that popular with others, though at the time it was huge.

SANTA CLAUS: THE MOVIE 11.50am BBC1

THE SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS MOVIE 1.55pm Channel 4

I know there's a few Spongebob fans on here.

MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET 2.30pm ITV1

Richard Attenborough is Santa. I've not seen it, but it's meant to be the best of recent xmas films.

THE GREAT ESCAPE 4.15pm BBC2

Not a xmas film as such, but intinsicly linked with being on a christmas, here's your traditional chance to catch it.

THE MUPPET CHRISTMAS CAROL 5.25pm five

A lot of people's favourite christmas film ever. I'm really wanting to catch it because I've not done so yet.

THE HUSTLER 12.55am Film4

Paul Newman is the coolest mother fucker this planet ever saw. I don't know what he and Martin Scorsese were thinking when they made the infinitely inferior Colour of Money. If you don't love this film you're a nonce.

MONDAY 24TH DECEMBER - CHRISTMAS EVE

THE SANTA CLAUSE 11.30am BBC1

EXPLORERS 11.50am Channel 4

Kids classic.

GREAT EXPECTATIONS 11.50am More4

Another chanbce to see Lean's film.

NATIONAL LAMPOON'S CHRISTMAS VACATION 2.15pm ITV1

LEMONY SNICKET'S A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS 2.45pm BBC1

CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG 4.15pm ITV1

SCROOGE 4.15pm five

ELF 7.15pm Film4

THE LIKELY LADS 9.55pm ITV3

:lol:

WOLF CREEK 11pm Film4

:frantic:

SEXY BEAST 11.10pm Channel 4

Watch it while Ben Kingsley's on screen, the rest of it is average.

OLDBOY 12.45am Channel 4

Possibly the best film of the 00's.

KAGEMUSHA 12.55am Film4

Late Kurosawa work of genius.

MR DEEDS GOES TO TOWN 1.10am BBC2

Frank Capra classic.

TUESDAY 25TH DECEMBER - Christmas Day

GONE WITH THE WIND 11.15am BBC2

Who's going to sit down for 3 hours on christmas day to watch this before dinner? Tape it and watch it later.

THE SANTA CLAUSE 2 11.20am BBC1

BUGSY MALONE 1.05pm Channel 4

;) Another one for the kids.

THE GRINCH 3pm ITV2

Not seen it.

FINDING NEMO 3.10pm BBC1

Pretty good Pixar film....so far better than the majority of any other kids films.

SHREK 2 4.40pm BBC1

Shite follow up the kids will like.

THE STRAIGHT STORY 4.45pm Film4

David Lynch's most accessible story

THE POLAR EXPRESS 5pm ITV1

Tom Hanks starring photo real film from Robert Zemeckis.

THE AFRICAN QUEEN 6.10pm Channel 4

PULP FICTION 9.30pm BBC3

Most films I've seen I can't remember where or when. Some, I remember where I watched it. Pulp Fiction, I not only remember where I was sat in which theatre, but everything about the entire day. I wasn't doing anything special, just a bit shopping with a mate but I remember the shops we visited, the postcards I bought, the pub we went to a pint for, everything because the whole day has become associated with seeing it for the first time. It entirely blew me away. I can't imagine anyone responding any differently either.

That first time I was blown away by the pitch black humour (“Oh man I shot Marvin in the Face”), the cracking dialogue (“Come on Yolanda what's Fonzie like?”) and the fractured timeline that has you confused as hell, but never lost. A few more viewings though and you can take so much more, what was an epic tale (two and a half hours) of the criminal becomes a simple tale about a couple robbing a coffee shop, Tarantino tells us this story like anyone would, by saying “So this couple, Pumpkin and Honeybunny are chatting about holding up this place and they jump up and ……Oh shit hang on, you’ve got to hear about these other 2 dudes, that very morning they were doing this…”. Every viewing adds something new, wether it’s something small like The Wolf wordlessly congratulating Jimmie on his gourmet shit or the bigger themes of sin and righteousness, punishment and redemption.

THE MOTORCYCLE DIARIES 10.35pm Channel 4

Lush film about Che Guevara's early years.

KUNG FU HUSTLE 11.15pm Film4

I'm getting sick, I might come back and add comments to the rest later. But they're all class... :laugh:

CHAPLIN 12.15am ITV1

RIDING GIANTS 1am Channel 4

WEDNESDAY 26TH DECEMBER - Boxing Day

PORCO ROSSO 6.05am Channel 4

SPY KIDS 11.05am BBC1

KIKI'S DELIVERY SERVICE 3.10pm Film4

THE BATTLE OF BRITAIN 3.40pm More4

MEET ME IN ST LOUIS 3.50pm five

MONSTERS, INC. 5.35pm BBC1

THE TERMINAL 7pm BBC2

JURASSIC PARK 9pm ITV2

THE KING AND I 9.45pm ITV3

THE BIG LEBOWSKI 10.05pm More4

THE RED SHOES 10.55pm BBC4

THURSDAY 27TH DECEMBER

E.T: THE EXTRA TERRESTRIAL 4.25pm ITV1

THE QUEEN 9pm ITV1

KILL BILL VOL 1 10.30pm BBC3

REPO MAN 12.55am Film4

HENRY V 2.15am Channel 4

FRIDAY 29TH DECEMBER

JURASSIC PARK 3 9pm ITV2

AMELIE 11.25pm Film4

Edited by Happy Face

PULP FICTION 9.30pm BBC3

Most films I've seen I can't remember where or when. Some, I remember where I watched it. Pulp Fiction, I not only remember where I was sat in which theatre, but everything about the entire day. I wasn't doing anything special, just a bit shopping with a mate but I remember the shops we visited, the postcards I bought, the pub we went to a pint for, everything because the whole day has become associated with seeing it for the first time. It entirely blew me away. I can't imagine anyone responding any differently either.

That first time I was blown away by the pitch black humour (“Oh man I shot Marvin in the Face”), the cracking dialogue (“Come on Yolanda what's Fonzie like?”) and the fractured timeline that has you confused as hell, but never lost. A few more viewings though and you can take so much more, what was an epic tale (two and a half hours) of the criminal becomes a simple tale about a couple robbing a coffee shop, Tarantino tells us this story like anyone would, by saying “So this couple, Pumpkin and Honeybunny are chatting about holding up this place and they jump up and ……Oh shit hang on, you’ve got to hear about these other 2 dudes, that very morning they were doing this…”. Every viewing adds something new, wether it’s something small like The Wolf wordlessly congratulating Jimmie on his gourmet shit or the bigger themes of sin and righteousness, punishment and redemption.

Quoted for truth, possibly my favourite film ever, I remember not being sure if I loved it or hated it whilst watching it for the first time, but the final scene just knitted it all together perfectly, a film I will never tire of watching.

Pulp Fiction did nowt for me like. Nor did Kill Bill. I find that films with lenghty dialouge in them become incredibly boring on the second showing!

Just watched the Matrix for the first time in years and thats a cracking film. Totally robbed its story line off terminator like!