Observations from Vigo game

snakehips

I have to say I really enjoyed last night. It wasn't the prettiest of games but it was non-stop most of the time.

Credit must be given to Vigo. When they scored, I thought they would just get 10 men behind the ball and shut up shop, but instead of getting all negative they continued to play the same way which allowed us a bit of space to take them on.

Did anyone notice the number of police was the same on both sides of the Vigo fans up in Level 7 ? This means that the polis thought there was an equal chance of trouble from Cath and Phlegmill as there was from the massed ranks of the Toon Ultras :icon_lol: I don't know what that says about either party, though ;)

Yeah, for a european game, I enjoyed last night. Bit of a hoarse voice this morning though, from singing.

Edited by snakehips

I thought they looked really ordinary. I expected a lot more from a team in the Spanish top flight but they looked like below-average Premiership fare.

Agree with that. Palermo were the same.

Maybe British teams are coming to the fore again in europe??

I thought they looked really ordinary. I expected a lot more from a team in the Spanish top flight but they looked like below-average Premiership fare.

Me too, very disappointing.

It did seem there like there was a ridiculous amount of police there last night, considering the very few travelling fans.

Fair play to the Toon Ultras or whatever they are calling themselves these days could hear them through out the match from my seat lower down in Level 7. Although the "Shearer, Shearer" thing was a bit crap even if he was in one of the Milburn boxes and "Stand Up and Support the team" sounds a bit shite

Agree with that. Palermo were the same.

Maybe British teams are coming to the fore again in europe??

Naah. I'll still put money on a Spanish club winning the Champions League & UEFA Cup...again. They don't start performing until the business end of the competition.

One thing I noticed was how nearly every one of their passes was along the deck and easy to control whereas most of ours seem to be bouncing at the player who receives it.

Yeah, but who won? And who is top of the league? ;)

True but just think how much better we would be if we could pass the ball properly.

Is that why they were chanting Shearer's name? He's got his own box there though hasn't he? They want to pack that in though.

dunno if it's his own perm box, but he was in one last night with his family

everytime he walked out of the box "Shearer, Shearer"