ashes fever

Dr Gloom

Watson is shit anyway. And he lost his missus to her Dancing with the Stars partner. Poor bastard...

Is his missus a professional dancer like? Or is she classed as a celeb in Aus? :lol: I hope his missus didn't run off with a professional dancer. ;)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watson is shit anyway. And he lost his missus to her Dancing with the Stars partner. Poor bastard...

Is his missus a professional dancer like? Or is she classed as a celeb in Aus? :lol: I hope his missus didn't run off with a professional dancer. ;)

Classic sledging material.

Shiiiiiiiiine Watson misses the first test. Bell doubtful with heavy bruising to his limp wrist.

Watson... what a loss ;)

Bell, too much wanking?

his replacment isn't much better tbh. michael clarke is piss poor.

your number six is your weak link, just as wicket keeper is ours.

i think you need a decent allrounder just as much as we need a wicket keeper that can bat and hold catches.

Michael Clarke the weak link? He averaged just under 40 against England last Ashes series, which was terrible for us. I dont see how he is a weak link when he is more then handy with the bat and his fielding is superb. Can be handy with the ball (has an average of under 10 with the ball), so i dont know how he is a weak link...

Besides that Hussey can bowl, he can do everything else. The bloke is a legend :lol:

Considering the only Aussie batsman to average over 40 was Langer I think he did pretty well!

By that i mean that Australia had the terrible series. So for him to averaged just under 40 was good, hence my point that i dont see how he could be the weak link.

his test average is in the mid 30s.

he looks vulnerable outside off stump.

imo, clarke is definitely australia's weakest batsman

hussey on the other hand could be man of the series. an average of 75 after 11 tests is pretty unbelievable.

How funny is the Sky coverage this week on SSN? England blatantly going to struggle but in the interests of selling subscriptions to the ignorant they're bigging up England's chances. Head in the sand stuff.

I hate that about Sky. They do the same with the football as well - every game is AMAZING and the Premiership is just the best thing EVER!1211. At least with the BBC they'll have a laugh about how shit a game is at half time and that.

Three words: "Grand Slam Sunday"

Erm, what?!

The change over to Sky was the reason Richie Bernaud quit wasn't it?

I really cannit wait for it to start. I'll listen to the first few overs tonight and then catch up with what happened in the morning since I have Uni at 9. I plan to try and stay up to get most of the rest of test in.

I really cannit wait for it to start. I'll listen to the first few overs tonight and then catch up with what happened in the morning since I have Uni at 9. I plan to try and stay up to get most of the rest of test in.

I thought he just stopped doing overseas tours because of his age.

Might've done, I just heard from someone that he quit because of Sky getting the rights.

Might've done, I just heard from someone that he quit because of Sky getting the rights.

I think he might have been offered work by them but said that he was a "free-to-air guy" and turned it down.

He's getting on like, he captained Australia in the 60's. Pretty sure he just stopped going overseas but will still do the tests at home. Not sure of he's on SKY from over there though. Ledge tbh.

Benaud, like Gemmill says is a FTA man and won't commentate on Pay TV.

Saying that though, he is on Channel Nine's commentary team so expect to hear him the whole series anyway. Nine's whole cricket team is amazing tbh

Nine’s commentary team of Richie Benaud, Ian Chappell, Tony Greig, Ian Healy, Bill Lawry, Simon O’Donnell, Michael Slater and Mark Taylor will be joined by members of the Australian team to talk about Australia’s chances and form heading into the First Test.

International guests will include the great England cricketing characters Ian Botham, Phil Tufnell, Mike Atherton, Nasser Hussain and David Gower.

Edited by Sima

Is his missus a professional dancer like? Or is she classed as a celeb in Aus? :lol: I hope his missus didn't run off with a professional dancer. :D

There was a good sledging thing in the papers this morning from a previous ashes series. It was some, one cap wonder type who came out to bat for England and Mark Waugh said: "What are you doing out here, you're not good enough to play for England" and this bloke replied: " Maybe not, but at least i'm the best player in my family!"

Is his missus a professional dancer like? Or is she classed as a celeb in Aus? :o I hope his missus didn't run off with a professional dancer. :lol:

There was a good sledging thing in the papers this morning from a previous ashes series. It was some, one cap wonder type who came out to bat for England and Mark Waugh said: "What are you doing out here, you're not good enough to play for England" and this bloke replied: " Maybe not, but at least i'm the best player in my family!"

Not as good as the one Botham said to Rodney Marsh before. :D

Is his missus a professional dancer like? Or is she classed as a celeb in Aus? :o I hope his missus didn't run off with a professional dancer. :lol:

Or the one to McGrath about his wife and the biscuits!

Eddo Brandes isn't an Englishman though. ;)

Rod Marsh, late Seventies: “How's your wife and my kids?”

Ian Botham: “The wife's fine – the kids are retarded.”

Eddo Brandes isn't an Englishman though. ;)

Rod Marsh, late Seventies: “How's your wife and my kids?”

Ian Botham: “The wife's fine – the kids are retarded.”

I know, but its a favourite of mine!

Havn't heard that Botham one for quite a while! ;)

Is his missus a professional dancer like? Or is she classed as a celeb in Aus? :lol: I hope his missus didn't run off with a professional dancer. :D

Hate to be a pedant, but that misquote loses most of the wit of the riposte, which was: "You're right, I may not be the best player on the field, but you're one to talk - you're not even the best player in your own fucking family"

One of my favourites was Glenn McGrath having a go at Ramaneresh Sarwan. "what's Brian Lara like in bed then?"

Sarwan's response? "ask your wife".

I think she was the professional, unfortunately. Can't remember who the bloke is but needless to say Shite Watson was pretty cut up about it.

• 1 month later...

England are struggling with injuries, Aussies 4-0

you really think it will be that easy?

lords aside, we outplayed you in every test of the last series and were unlucky not to win by more than 2-1. we should have beaten you at old trafford and probably would have won at the oval if a day wasn't lost to rain.

now that watson is injured i think you'll miss a trick if you go with a shorter tail but sacrifice a bowler. you struggled to bowl us out last time with just the three seamers. warne is a genius but he can't do it all on his own

we're going to miss simon jones and vaughn. a mentally fit trescothick would have helped the top order but it's better that he's gone because his forms been shite since the ashes.

our number six could win us the series. michael clarke and shane watson aren't in the same league as super fred tbh.

i'd still say your slight favourites to win but i can't see it being a whitewash. i'll say 2-1 to the convicts, but i expect us to reclaim the ashes next time we play in england if warne and mcgrath aren't around.

I think Michael Clarke has proved himself again this series with an average of about 80.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing really :yes

Shiiiiiiiiine Watson misses the first test. Bell doubtful with heavy bruising to his limp wrist.

Watson... what a loss :yes

Bell, too much wanking?

his replacment isn't much better tbh. michael clarke is piss poor.

your number six is your weak link, just as wicket keeper is ours.

i think you need a decent allrounder just as much as we need a wicket keeper that can bat and hold catches.

Ah this is what i want brought up. So how is Clarke now? :yes