Holland to ban black post boxes

Jusoda Kid

Imagine the carry on if we started to build church's in Iraq or Afghanistan ;)

Christians actually fared a lot better under Saddam than many religions, and there's a canny few christian churches over there and plenty of christians in government (Saddams foreign minister was christian, for example)

Unbelievable

1968_001_enoch.jpg

Look at Enoch Powell with his Ipod shuffle!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christians actually fared a lot better under Saddam than many religions, and there's a canny few christian churches over there and plenty of christians in government (Saddams foreign minister was christian, for example)

Unbelievable

1968_001_enoch.jpg

Ahead of his time TBH

Unbelievable

1968_001_enoch.jpg

Ahead of his time TBH

according to wikipedia he got 100% in an english exam - Swat-tastic.

Unbelievable

1968_001_enoch.jpg

Ahead of his time TBH

Don't you mean swastika-tastic...

I would tend to favour the route of allowing Muslim women to wear the veil, if they want to, in their private life. I'm against it in professions such as teaching, law, etc. and I don't think they should be allowed to be worn if you are employed in any form of government/state organisation. Private companies should be allowed to have their own policies. I'm totally against telling people what they can and can't wear in their own free time though. I also agree with what Jimbo says about being able to speak / read English (if you are going to be a long-term/permanent UK resident).

I would tend to favour the route of allowing Muslim women to wear the veil, if they want to, in their private life. I'm against it in professions such as teaching, law, etc. and I don't think they should be allowed to be worn if you are employed in any form of government/state organisation. Private companies should be allowed to have their own policies. I'm totally against telling people what they can and can't wear in their own free time though. I also agree with what Jimbo says about being able to speak / read English (if you are going to be a long-term/permanent UK resident).

Wor lass spent a few years in Saudi as a bairn and she reckons it's particularly difficult to deal with as a kid. Admittedly thats the experience of a 'whitey' in a foreign land, but her mam had to wear a similar get up too and it was obviously 'the norm' on the streets so it wasnt like the problem was simply down to the fact it was alien to her. Kids especially need to be able to trust a person and a lot of that comes from being able to read facial expressions. Kids learn in the same way-by studying faces.

She still has an issue with it to this day.

It isn't strictly a religious law either is it?

I saw some muslim women skating at the ice rink in the full garb. They were good skaters as well, but they looked like ninjas the way they were moving. ;)

I'm also of the opinion that other cultures shouldn't be brought into the country. It's becoming a joke that my local chronicle is now being published in polish because of the current influx of poles.

If you looked under their frocks you would see they had stablelisers on :lol:

Imagine the carry on if we started to build church's in Iraq or Afghanistan :lol:

Unbelievable

1968_001_enoch.jpg

Ahead of his time TBH

Don't you mean swastika-tastic...

;)

I saw some muslim women skating at the ice rink in the full garb. They were good skaters as well, but they looked like ninjas the way they were moving. ;)

I'm also of the opinion that other cultures shouldn't be brought into the country. It's becoming a joke that my local chronicle is now being published in polish because of the current influx of poles.

When was the last time you had a curry? :lol:

I saw some muslim women skating at the ice rink in the full garb. They were good skaters as well, but they looked like ninjas the way they were moving. :lol:

When was the last time you had a curry? :)

People only think of the cons, it cant really be double standards to the extent people wish.

But to be fair the british adapted curry and changed half the names of the dishes to sound English,

well so says my Indian mate,

Im not so keen on the fact an Extremist preacher can say what the fuck he wants and get away with itl..

'' This country is a toilet ect''

If thats the case, fuck off home and enjoy the car bombs...

;)

I saw some muslim women skating at the ice rink in the full garb. They were good skaters as well, but they looked like ninjas the way they were moving. :lol:

When was the last time you had a curry? :)

People only think of the cons, it cant really be double standards to the extent people wish.

But to be fair the british adapted curry and changed half the names of the dishes to sound English,

Im not so keen on the fact an Extremist preacher can say what the fuck he wants and get away with itl..

;)

Other cultures have enriched our own in a lot of cases, my only problem is when British culture is expected to adapt rather than the other way round.

I saw some muslim women skating at the ice rink in the full garb. They were good skaters as well, but they looked like ninjas the way they were moving. :)

When was the last time you had a curry? :unsure:

;)

Other cultures have enriched our own in a lot of cases, my only problem is when British culture is expected to adapt rather than the other way round.

Yeh thats my point really,

I dont want my rights (not that i have many) infringed,

Theres no more free speech or at least none without being Frowned upon,

Take that Woman who works for BA not being allowed to wear a cross at work.... :lol:

Its a bit less dramatic then a full muslim head dress, same principal though

Catch 22

I think that pre-supposes other cultures arent adapting though and fails to recognise where they have. In actual fact it's probably the case that they've adapted at least as much as 'ours'. Just one or two issues get highlighted repeatedly re where views are more entrenched.

Not saying I disagree with the main thrust of your argument by the way, just thought I'd try to play devils advocate.

I think that pre-supposes other cultures arent adapting though and fails to recognise where they have. In actual fact it's probably the case that they've adapted at least as much as 'ours'. Just one or two issues get highlighted repeatedly re where views are more entrenched.

Not saying I disagree with the main thrust of your argument by the way, just thought I'd try to play devils advocate.

That should have quoted Jimbo's post btw.

Can't hear that now without thinking of Homer playing the pinball game 'Devils Advocate' in the Simpsons ;)

What is British Culture though and who is having to adapt?

Exactly. I think what people mean is that culture in Britain changes. A hundred years ago, people in this country would go on holiday IN this country. Now? Millions go abroad every year. Is this people losing their culture, or is this culture changing? I would like to know what part of people's culture they think they are losing...

Incidentally, who do people reckon were more 'British' - the July 7th bombers or their parents? Making people more 'British', whatever that is, isn't going to solve the problems. Also, the economy need immigrant workers in this country. That's part of the reason the requirements are nowhere near as strict as somewhere like Australia, for example.

Can't hear that now without thinking of Homer playing the pinball game 'Devils Advocate' in the Simpsons :lol:

;)

I even did a google image search the moment I typed it but to no avail. Genius.

Can't hear that now without thinking of Homer playing the pinball game 'Devils Advocate' in the Simpsons :lol:

;)

I even did a google image search the moment I typed it but to no avail. Genius.

It is one of my favourite TV moments ever tbh!