Arsenal away

Dr Gloom

this will be my first match of the season and i can't say i'm massively looking forward to it. i can see them knocking a few past us plus it'll be fercking freezing

anyone got any team news? are we really going to wheel our shola for one final non-performance before his op? are martins and dyer fit? is our defence still shit?

Henry rested, Gilberto & van Persie out.

Really, cool, Henry and Van shithead not playin :lol:

Does that mean starting The Beast instead?

Think he's injured.

Henry rested, Gilberto & van Persie out.

Says something about how shite we've become if they think they can afford to rest players like Henry against us.

:(

Arsenal are set to be without Gilberto as he has returned to Brazil to deal with a family matter.

Freddie Ljungberg and Julio Baptista are both fit again, while goalkeeper Jens Lehmann has recovered from his heavy cold.

Newcastle duo Shay Given and Obafemi Martins could return after injury.

Emre is suspended, Shola Ameobi could play before he has a hip operation, while Stephen Carr, Titus Bramble and James Milner could be available.

Arsenal (from): Lehmann, Hoyte, Toure, Gallas, Clichy, Fabregas, Gilberto, Hleb, Henry, van Persie, Baptista, Ljungberg, Almunia, Djourou, Senderos, Eboue, Flamini, Walcott, Aliadiere, Adebayor.

Newcastle (from): Given, Harper, Srnicek, Carr, Taylor, Moore, Bramble, Ramage, Huntington, Butt, Parker, Solano, Milner, Duff, Dyer, N'Zogbia, Pattison, Ameobi, Martins, Rossi, Sibierski, Luque.

Thats from BBC.

He might give Walcott a start.