Iain Dowie

@yourservice

Doesn't Dowie have a Doctorate in Astrophysics or something silly?

:icon_lol: qualifications :icon_lol:

:lol:;) ;)

He used to be the only top-flight player with a degree. I remember that little bit of trivia from a long while ago.

Didn't David Wetherall have a PhD (or at least degree) in chemistry or something and i think Shaka Hislop was studying something at uni. Not common in football mind, Le Sauz used to get stick and was called gay because he read the Guardian in the changing room!!!

Doesn't Dowie have a Doctorate in Astrophysics or something silly?

:icon_lol: qualifications :icon_lol:

:lol:;) ;)

He used to be the only top-flight player with a degree. I remember that little bit of trivia from a long while ago.

Didn't David Wetherall have a PhD (or at least degree) in chemistry or something and i think Shaka Hislop was studying something at uni. Not common in football mind, Le Sauz used to get stick and was called gay because he read the Guardian in the changing room!!!

I remember that, can just imagine LM leading the taunts.

Iirc Mike Hooper had a degree in English literature, but I'm not sure if this was directly responsible for his shitness or not!

Ahh yes, who could forget Robbie Fowler's display of the finest sophisticated Scouse humour? :lol:

I remember reading Forsell has some sort of degree, the Scandinavian footballers are generally well educated, I think.

And isn't Antonio Nunez a qualified lawyer? Good to know he has something to fall back on...

Le Saux was a little cunt when he played. Not that I condone homophobia. Think he's canny as a summariser though.

Oh aye, never liked the fella much. I seem to remember his reaction to the event was to rattle on at length about how offended he and his family were, then adding as an afterthought "it might have offended gay people too". No shit. :lol:

Sacked with one point less than us, and undoubtedly after a harder run of games.

A new Charlton manager might well give them a boost and that will leave us rock bottom.

how many people on here said he was the "next bright manager" ... shame Charlton didn't stick to "the plan" .... as "the plan" always brings success .... ;)

I'll be honest and say I expected Dowie to do a better job than he did. What exactly do you find funny though? The sacking of Dowie or the absolute shite state the board and chairman have landed NUFC in? :D

At least you're honest.

I'm laughing at those who thought Dowie was the "new bright thing" just because a few London journos told them so, and also at the references to "the plan" of course, that so many people think guarantees success....it doesn't, the ONLY thing that keeps a manager in his job is current results and the immediate short term future. Charlton have done exactly what we have done ourselves, and what clubs have always done, and always will do, they sack their manager - CORRECTLY - when they realise they have the wrong bloke for them. Regardless of any "plan". This includes past threads about this, the last time being when I asked why Dalglish was sacked when he had laid down a "plan" for the future, and the last time I looked, nobody had answered with a concrete response.

I don't think where Newcastle United stand, or the current unrest behind the scenes, nor the fact that the major shareholders do not appear to be so bothered about the club anymore yet may still sell out to someone worse, funny at all, which is what I have always said. And I don't find it funny at all that some fans through having expectations raised by this very board in a way they don't realise, have reached the deluded stage where they think that anyone else is better, because they are wrong.

And I sincerely - and only too obviously - hope that any changes do work out for the best.

Edited by LeazesMag

The only person on here I can recall bigging-up Dowie (going as far as to suggest him as a future Toon manager) was HTL.

HTL was/is a huge supporter of Pierce too.

It would be nice if Leazes actually acknowledged that I, in so many words, said I would move heaven and Earth to get O'Neill mind (not Dowie).

Leazes claimed he was no better than Souness. ;)

The only person on here I can recall bigging-up Dowie (going as far as to suggest him as a future Toon manager) was HTL.

HTL was/is a huge supporter of Pierce too.

It would be nice if Leazes actually acknowledged that I, in so many words, said I would move heaven and Earth to get O'Neill mind (not Dowie).

Leazes claimed he was no better than Souness. ;)

To be fair though..you also said we wouldn't get into Europe last year :D