Iain Dowie

@yourservice

Charlton have announced they have parted company with manager Iain Dowie.

Dowie took over from long-standing boss Alan Curbishley at the start of the season and has only been in charge for 12 Premiership games.

But the Addicks have only won two league matches and are currently bottom of the table with eight points.

The former Crystal Palace boss did lead Charlton to the Carling Cup quarter-final this week but it was not enough to save his job

A new Charlton manager might well give them a boost and that will leave us rock bottom.

My thoughts exactly Renty.

And mine. We're fucked if we don't turn it around sharpish, as I can't see Shepherd sacking Roeder anytime soon.

Its bad for us whoever they get as its likely to give them at least an initial upturn in results and thats something we could do without!

Typical that Charlton have a manager for years and years and once he goes the next boss is out in months!

Simon Jordan will be pleased.

He's actually had a go at Charlton for giving Dowie the boot, though thats easy for him to say now.

Taking the piss tbh.

Had a bookie on SSN last night. Asked him who was favourite to go next and he straight away, without pausing for breath, he goes 'Glenn Roeder. Without a doubt.'

A chap from Coral on Talksport this morning said Roeder was favourite to go first right up until the news about Dowie came in. Nobody stuck any big bets on at the last moment or anything.

Sacked with one point less than us, and undoubtedly after a harder run of games.

A new Charlton manager might well give them a boost and that will leave us rock bottom.

how many people on here said he was the "next bright manager" ... shame Charlton didn't stick to "the plan" .... as "the plan" always brings success .... :lol:

Sacked with one point less than us, and undoubtedly after a harder run of games.

how many people on here said he was the "next bright manager" ... shame Charlton didn't stick to "the plan" .... as "the plan" always brings success .... :lol:

I'll be honest and say I expected Dowie to do a better job than he did. What exactly do you find funny though? The sacking of Dowie or the absolute shite state the board and chairman have landed NUFC in? ;)

how many people on here said he was the "next bright manager" ...

Everyone on here said Christian Gross would win the Champions League with Spurs too, even though this place didn't actually exist yet. THAT'S how wrong everyone except you always is.

Doesn't Dowie have a Doctorate in Astrophysics or something silly?

:icon_lol: qualifications :icon_lol:

:lol:;) ;)

He used to be the only top-flight player with a degree. I remember that little bit of trivia from a long while ago.

Clutching at straws to be honest ;)

how many people on here said he was the "next bright manager" ...

Everyone on here said Christian Gross would win the Champions League with Spurs too, even though this place didn't actually exist yet. THAT'S how wrong everyone except you always is.

It puzzles me that if LeazesMag is absolutely always absolutely right about everything, like he says he is, surely he should be a successful football person in his own right by now, or whatever else he chooses to do for that matter. His ability to always be right is even more impressive as it requires no foresight (what?) whatsoever!

LeazesMag should be offered a position as joint manager/chairman/prime minister immediately tbh. :lol: