Who were you scared of as a youngen

bobbyshinton

Used to have one of these things and it used to terrify me (my brother didnt help when he found that out like and would chase me with it or insist it would get my feet at night if they stuck out of the bedding).

6f_2.JPG

6f_2.JPG

On a related note, who on here still refers to them as "gollywogs"??

I do - I don't consider myself racist in any sense of the word, but as a kid I grew up with those being known as gollywogs and don't see why I shoudl be forced to call it something else simply because some politically correct activist has got his arse in a twist.

Well of course thats what they are? Its not offensive or owt, its just the name. Gollywog. Course, I still have to look behind me when I say that name :lol:

Mind, I can also remember when they took them off the robinsons Jam.

Its not really racism,

i mean what the fuck does gollywog mean anyway?

they wouldnt complain if theyre was a white version ;)

Gollyhonkey? ;)

wollygog? :lol:

when I was a wee un it was the wolves at the bottom of the stairs that came out after I'd gone to bed.

theme parks scare the shit out of me to this day, dunno why but I get totally edgey just walking towards them, heart pounds when I get inside and this is beforeI even get on a ride... to be honest I'm happier on the ride than I am wandering about the place.

Watership Down scared the shit out of me when i was a nipper.

My parents laughed st me when i told them(quite understandably) and that just made it worse.

Even now rabbits make me mildly uneasy, as though they are considering a Monty Pythons Holy Grail reaction straight for the throat :lol:

'The Camel'.

'The Camel' was made up by my dad and my Uncle, and it lived in my Grandma's outhouse.

We used to go to my Grandma's every Sunday and I was told the Camel would 'get' me. One time, they put me in the boot of my dad's car and told me the Camel was in there as well, and then drov around the block. I was shitting myself. They thought it was just a laugh like, but realised the joke had gone too far when they found me in tears.

Dogs. When I was a small baby, my parents had a dog, but had it put down when it tried to go for me. When I was three, a dog nearly took my hand off when I stroked it - after being told by the owner that it was OK. So I was shit scared of them for a long time. My dad got a dog when I was about 13 (the bloody thing's still alive 14 years on) and he's OK for a dog, but I still get wary of some. Plus I'm allergic to them if I'm around a dog for more than half an hour or so, so I'm not really a dog person.

'The Camel'.

'The Camel' was made up by my dad and my Uncle, and it lived in my Grandma's outhouse.

We used to go to my Grandma's every Sunday and I was told the Camel would 'get' me. One time, they put me in the boot of my dad's car and told me the Camel was in there as well, and then drov around the block. I was shitting myself. They thought it was just a laugh like, but realised the joke had gone too far when they found me in tears.

Dogs. When I was a small baby, my parents had a dog, but had it put down when it tried to go for me. When I was three, a dog nearly took my hand off when I stroked it - after being told by the owner that it was OK. So I was shit scared of them for a long time. My dad got a dog when I was about 13 (the bloody thing's still alive 14 years on) and he's OK for a dog, but I still get wary of some. Plus I'm allergic to them if I'm around a dog for more than half an hour or so, so I'm not really a dog person.

So when did your Dad and Uncle get out of prison?

Werewolves for me Sister told me they lived in the airing cupboard and would get me in the night if I went to the loo. Mum went ape when she found the "empty" bottle of pop by my bed and made my sisters take it in turns to walk me to the loo for 6 months. I was about 4 at the time.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

I had a superbly irrational fear of that game on The Price Is Right where you have to get the mountaineer to the peak of the mountain without falling off the other side. I just couldn't stay in the room and watch it. I have no idea why. ;)

I was the opposite, that whole part of the show made me laugh, especially the mountaineers yodel.

For me it was

sloth.jpg

I had a superbly irrational fear of that game on The Price Is Right where you have to get the mountaineer to the peak of the mountain without falling off the other side. I just couldn't stay in the room and watch it. I have no idea why. ;)

I was the opposite, that whole part of the show made me laugh, especially the mountaineers yodel.

THE YODEL!!!

:D

THE YODEL!!!

<_<

You probably shouldn't visit this site then:

http://priceisrightyodel.ytmnd.com/

THE YODEL!!!

<_<

You probably shouldn't visit this site then:

http://priceisrightyodel.ytmnd.com/

Seriously, grown men have been driven to insanity by less.

Actually from the age 4 to about 6, I always hid for bit under my covers after bedtime, as a gang of monsters would send one of their members; "Quick" who would peak his head around the door to see if I was in bed so they could kidnap me. He was so-called because he only had a brief glance at the room, so if I was really still then he wouldn't report anything.

I blame the school dinners.

my sisters told me crows were man-eaters.

scared of them up until the point my sister got too close to the hedge where a blackbird had nested, it went skitz at her but after a few swats at it with my cricket bat it buggered off.

obviously I thought a crow and Blackbird were the same thing, and that I was some kind of Big Game hunter, master of defeating beasts of the wild... :blush

'The Camel'.

So when did your Dad and Uncle get out of prison?

That does sound bad doesn't it.

He felt really guilty when he realised how frightened I'd been. My Mam and my Grandma went off it when they found out. No harm done though. No mental scars from it or anything, but probably not the wisest thing my Dad did. Seriously though, that gives the impression he was a bad father, and nothing could be further from the truth.