Jump to content

Baggio

Members
  • Posts

    3871
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Baggio

  1. THERE IS TALK ABOUT PUTTING THIS RIGHT IN JANUARY AND BRINGING NEW PLAYERS IN.. WE SHOULD DO THE OPPOSITE AND GET RID OF THEM IN JANUARY EXCLUSIVE THE KEANEGATE TAPES Neil Mcleman ROY KEANE has been sitting on the sidelines for six weeks watching Manchester United slip behind Wigan, Bolton and Charlton in the title race. And he has had enough. We can reveal in the 'Plays the Pundit' slot on MUTV that has erupted in controversy, Keane not only laid into defender Rio Ferdinand's approach, but harshly criticised senior players and attacked the younger members of United's faltering team. They trail Premiership leaders Chelsea by 13 points and are far from certain of progressing in the Champions League and Keane said: "There is talk about putting this right in January and bringing players in. We should be doing the opposite - we should be getting rid of people in January." Keane has often acted as Sir Alex Ferguson's public mouthpiece, but it was the manager who made the decision not to broadcast the interview after he was alerted to its contents. The player is understood to be standing by his criticisms which included harsh words for the multi-millionaire senior players who he believes are responsible for the general malaise at the two-time European champions. He named keeper Edwin Van der Sar, Paul Scholes and Ruud van Nistelrooy, but reserved his most pointed attack for Ferdinand, who delayed signing a new deal in the summer until he had secured club record wages of £6.24 million a year. "Just because you are paid £120,000-a-week and play well for 20 minutes against Tottenham, you think you are a superstar. "The younger players have been let down by some of the more experienced ones - they are not leading. There is a shortage of characters. "It seems to be in this club you have to play badly to be rewarded. Maybe that is what I should do when I come back - play badly." In his analysis of Saturday's humiliating 4-1 defeat by Middlesbrough Keane admitted: "I wasn't surprised by the result I had been expecting one like this. "The players have been asked questions and they are just not coming up with the answers. "I am sick of having to say it and they are sick of listening to me. "They have let down the club, the manager, and the fans. "When they sign the contracts, they think they have made it. They owe it to the manager, the staff and the fans." Keane also slammed the young generation of players he says have failed to win the trophies to justify their inflated wages. "These guys thought getting new contracts was the best day of their careers," he said. "They think they have made it. They haven't." And the United captain insisted a long injury list also including Gary Neville, Gabriel Heinze and Ryan Giggs could not be used as an excuse for a lack of effort on the pitch. "The fact they are out should be enough incentive for those coming in to play better and give more," he said. "It is not enough to play well for 20 minutes, it is a 90-minute game. "You get well rewarded but you have to put the hard work to earn those rewards." But last month the former Ireland midfielder shocked the Old Trafford hierarchy by using MUTV to announce he will quit the club at the end of the season after failing to be offered a new deal. And this time the 34-year-old, out with a broken foot, has gone even further in a rant resembling his famous outburst against Ireland manager Mick McCarthy at the last World Cup. Just a fortnight ago Sir Alex was still claiming Keane could be persuaded to sign a one-year contract extension and play a 14th season at Old Trafford. And Keane did avoid directly criticising the United manager and said "he will put it right." But doing so with a dressing room still including Keane appears impossible. WHAT ROY SAID IN THAT INTERVIEW KEANE ON: EDWIN VAN DER SAR Analysing the first goal United condeded against Middlesbrough, when Edwin Van der Sar let slip a 30-yard shot... He should have saved that. That was saveable KEANE ON: JOHN O'SHEA He's just strolling around when he should have been busting a gut to get back KEANE ON: RIO FERDINAND Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink robbed Ferdinand for the second goal... I have seen that happen to Rio before. It is poor defending KEANE ON: DARREN FLETCHER I can't understand why people in Scotland rave about Darren Fletcher KEANE ON: KEIRAN RICHARDSON On the penalty Richardson gave away.... He is a lazy defender who deserved to get punished.. he wasn't doing his job KEANE ON: ALAN SMITH What is he doing there? He is wandering around as if he is lost. He doesn't know what he is doing
  2. Cisse's a poor mans Anelka IMO.
  3. If you can afford profilactics and you go to a malaria infected environment then you are pretty much asking to get malaria. I'm sure buying a couple of weeks worth of Mefloquine would not have hurt his wallet.
  4. Just heard Lua Lua's been placed in a hospital isolation unit after being struck down with malaria!
  5. As far as I remember with Dunn, Souness said his social life was his biggest downfall, where is he now? constantly injured but always on the piss...
  6. He did get booked, it was his second yellow.
  7. Isn't this thread supposed to be about Wayne Bridge?
  8. .cock say Luque is fit for saturday. Bowyer and Ameobi out though...
  9. G14 starts legal fight with Fifa Europe's elite clubs are suing Fifa over the issue of the release of players for international duty. The G14 group wants Fifa to provide insurance and compensation to clubs for players who are injured while representing their countries. It says Fifa's regulations are an abuse of the body's dominant position. And G14 has backed Charleroi's fight for financial help after Abdelmajid Oulmers was sidelined for eight months when hurt playing for Morocco. Oulmers tore ankle ligaments in last the game against Burkina Faso last November and was subsequently out of action for the rest of the campaign. Charleroi paid for Oulmers' surgery and his salary even though he was unable to play. Fifa refuses to recognise or negotiate with the G14 group. The case officially opened in the Charleroi Commercial Court on Monday. G14 argues that Fifa's refusal to contribute towards players' salaries - even though clubs lose money when they suffer injuries in international matches - is illegal. "As it is G14's wish to seek a once and for all clarification if these regulations are legal, it is sensible for us to join this case," said G14 general manager Thomas Kurth. English clubs Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal are members of the G14 group, which has 18 members.
  10. Tuesday's Mirror: NEWCASTLE and Tottenham want to rescue Wayne Bridge's fading World Cup hopes - with a move for the Chelsea left-back in the next transfer window. Graeme Souness and Martin Jol are keeping tabs on the highly-rated Bridge, who is now behind Spain's Asier Del Horno in the Stamford Bridge pecking order - which won't do his England chances much good.
  11. But Dyer was out originally with a back injury wasn't he? I didn't think it was anything to do with his hamstring...
  12. He's gonna be in the squad against Fulham isn't he?
  13. I know Blackburn had a £4m bid rejected so I'd say around £5m
  14. Could you post a link to the website you got that from please, Isegrim?
  15. Perhaps you're right, they spent enough time banging on about his supposed buy out clause from Madrid which seems to have been bullshit.
  16. Gotta admit i'm worried about it, Owen's done an interview with the times so all should be revealed tomorrow...
  17. I wonder what R A Softlad thinks of all this?
  18. The Scousers are claiming he doesn't want to sign for us and has been on the phone crying to Gerrard and Carragher all day Also his contract clause lets him leave for £12 million after the first year... Bitter cnuts
  19. As i've said perhaps Liverpool have told Real that they're hoping to still put together a decent transfer fee, they could have also told Owen they can't match the fee so to either tell Real he's not prepared to join us or sit it out until January. Also if Northern Rock is financing the deal, would that mean Real would get the money all in one go?
  20. It could be anything, perhaps Liverpool are still trying to finance the deal?
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.